Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Kia Soul with 66k miles on it. I noticed oil on the garage floor and found that the air compressor seal is leaking. Anyone know if I can just replace the compressor or is this normal for the mileage and year?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
What area of the world are you located...air compressor???????
Do you mean air conditioning compressor?
What motor is under the hood of your car, the 1.6 or the 2.0?

EDIT: Sorry I see that you're from the USA and home of many fine things of Kentucky!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What area of the world are you located...air compressor???????
Do you mean air conditioning compressor?
What motor is under the hood of your car, the 1.6 or the 2.0?

EDIT: Sorry I see that you're from the USA and home of many fine things of Kentucky!
Yes, as it is the only compressor on the vehicle ;) I have the 2.0. In my 25 years on working on cars, I have never seen this quick of failure on a compressor.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Gee, I spent more years than that professionally doing auto repair and have seen A/C compressors leak as new as 1 yr. old. Stuff happens.
If you have the proper A/C equipment and know how, with 25 yrs. auto ep., I don't see how you couldn't replace it.

·
Super Moderator
6,851 Posts
If it is leaking compressor oil it soon will be leaking the refrigerant (R134a) as the size of the oil molecules are larger than the molecules in the refrigerant and "freon" has a tendency to leak out the smallest holes... So replacing the compressor is coming soon...
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts