Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

from what I tell, that I have equal pressure about 115 psi. The a/c clutch won't engage. The fuse is good. Not sure about the relay. Looking for suggestion, and help.

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
What kind of vehicle are you driving. If it's a sorento what year? If it were my car I would try to run some jumpers to the clutch connector to the battery and see if it snaps in. Some guys like to bypass the relay aswell.

·
Super Moderator
9,494 Posts
If the gas pressure is not right, the pressure switch will prevent the AC compressor turning on - places like AutoZone will check it free of charge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, as I mention earlier that I connect my gauges, and I had equal pressure on the high and low. About 115 psi. What I want find out is about test the relay and where the low pressure sensor is located.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 06. The coil in the compressor was bad, there's a little resistor like thing in the surface of the epoxy on coil that burned out(see pic). A way to test it is to take the one wire that plugs into the compressor and jump it to 12v and see if it clicks and pulls the clutch in. If it doesn't it's got a bad coil.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts