Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have read some of the old threads about the a/c blower not working but I havent found a solution.

Originally my blower stopped working and I replaced it and it worked fine for a few months then it would work intermittently. I would wiggle the wires at the resistor and it would kick on/off. After further inspection I saw that the connection to the resistor was burnt badly. So I took the resistor out and soldered bad area back together and it worked perfectly fine for another few months. Wife was driving the car and after she turned it off and got back in blower stopped working all together. I figured it was the connections again and I saw that the resistor was completely fried. I replaced the resistor with one from the junkyard and it still isnt working. tested the blower motor with 12v to it directly and its fine. Swapped out relays and it still isnt working.

i guess the next thing to do is check the actual fan switch on the control unit? is this something that goes faulty? it is 100 degrees here in texas and i need this thing to be fixed.

btw ive checked all fuses/relays under hood and at fuse panel all good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having the same issue. It would blow at any speed it wanted, and only when it wanted to. Finally, it quit blowing all together. It turned out to be a fried resistor that had melted the wiring harness. Replaced resistor and wiring harness. Dealer replaced both parts, covered under extended warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts