Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the car last Saturday, and for the first few times I locked it, the horn gave a little toot that I assumed was the alarm coming on. Then I took the top down, and hadn't heard it since. For a second, I thought that the top coming off triggered some kind of switch that prevented the alarm from coming on, but some more thought abandoned that notion. I don't have keyless entry, at least the old owner didn't have the remote switch. Since that last time I heard the toot, it hasn't happened no matter what I try with the key.

So I'm asking, is there a way to turn the alarm back on? I wasn't given a manual with the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings! I have a 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 that I bought last fall. I was told that the 2000 and newer Sportages didn't come with keyless entry. The alarm is just a theft deterrent system. It only sounds with someone is messing with the locks or doors. This is what I found out from the owner's manual and the Kia dealership near me. Turn the key toward the front of the car to unlock the doors and turn off the alarm. Turn the key toward the rear to set the alarm. If you jiggle the key back and forth then you will trigger the alarm to sound.
Hope this helps!
Let me know.

Vanessa :57:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts