Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 sportage I have had this for 4 years no real problems except for front bearings this year now front wheels will not engage? :blink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
HEY BUDDY!

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 99 SPORTAGE!.. I TOOK THE FRONT WHEELS OFF AND WAS CHECKIN OUT THE FRONT HUBS. I THEN NOTICED WHEN YOU LOCK IN THE FRONT HUBS WITH THE LEVER THERE IS A VACUUM LINE THAT LOCKS IN THE FRONT HUB. FROM TALKIN TO MY COUSINE THAT WORKS ON THESE VEHICLES ALL THE TIME TOLD ME THAT THE LITTLE VACUUM LINE THAT MAKES THE HUBS LOCK GETS CLOGED WITH DIRT, MUD, AND ALSO GETS RUST HOLES IN IT FROM SALT. HE RECOMMENDED ME TO JUST UNHOOK THE VACUM LINE AND THEN REAPLACE THE HUBS WITH MANUAL LOCKERS. I FOUND THIS TO BE A GREAT FIX. THERE IS ALTERATIONS THAT NEED TO BE MADE THE THE HUB COVERS IF YOU DO GET THE MANUAL LOCKERS BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT! I ALWAYS KNOW A 100% THAT I WILL HAVE 4X4. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE E MAIL ME AT [email protected]..... IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS I WILL BE MORE THAT HAPPY TO CALL ME COUSINE FOR YOU.........
AMERCNRACER

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just what is the procedure for replacing the auto hubs with the Warn 60247 manual hubs? Any details would be greatly appreciated, THANKS, Tom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts