Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically ive been having trouble with the speedo and odo not working, the airbag light on and the hold light on. decided to start tracing down wires cause ive replaced all of the companents (besides airbags) that could cause the issue. i started at the ecu (i think its the ecu) down by the passengers feet. found a connector there that had a melted spot on it. ended up looking under the hvac case where the harness runs through and it was growing green. pulled the harness through to the drivers side and found a bare wire that has melted all of the shielding off of it and melted itself to about half of the wires in the appox 30 wire loom. ended up finding a good spot in the wire to possibly cut and splice into to overlay it. started going the opposite way by the ecu and found that the wire is still melted all the way through the firewall past where i can even see it. so what ive come up with is that it is going to need a body harness and an engine harness to fix the problem. literally so many wires going to so many different things that are melted that im not even thinking about trying to fix. im a good tech and have repaired a lot of wiring issues but this one tops them all. it is really a wonder that this thing didnt catch on fire.

so if anyone happens to have a body harness and/or an engine harness laying around i might think about replacing it but if not it might just end up in the junk yard after i beat the crap out of it. or just keep driving it until it dies. let me know what you think. i have a few pics of this loom if youre interested in seeing them.

thanks, butcher247.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thinking about putting full coverage on the thing and putting a torch to that harness and watch it burn. not sure if the hotdogs or marshmellos would taste good from it burning or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if anyone would be interested in buying this thing from me i would sell it. it has a whole bunch of new parts on it, waaaay more than what i would be looking to sell it for. pm me if interested!

·
Registered
1999 Sportage
23 Posts
Got more info on it. . .
Location?
Photos?

I might be interested.
. . . .. . . . .... PM me the price.
;)
;)
;)