Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has a 98 Sportage, 4 door, 4WD 5 speed, with 98,xxx miles. Last winter the front end crapped out on him doesn't move well when in 4WD and the noise it produces is horrible, when the car was on the lift we determined it was internal failure. So back in Oct. from a local yard we bought another front diff assembly. We stripped it down and made sure everything was hunky dory. Now we are in a bit of a hang up. The bushing that is on the backside of the differential needs to be replaced, its dry rotted and rather would install without the option of it clunking around later down the road. What is this bushing called and where can we get one? Another is the bushing that is on the passenger side that is attached to the end of the case. What is its name and where can we purchase it? Been to the dealer and either the gentleman there thinks we are talking gibberish, or the online service they are using doesn't show it. We have struck out every time. Any help would be much appreciated. We are aiming to get this done before winter truly begins to hit the Pittsburgh, PA area. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this post just fixed every problem i have been having finding sway bar bushings.. even my kia dealership told me what creek i was up...idiots...thank you!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts