Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a good forum for us all and hopefully someone can help with some advice.
I bought a 2nd hand Mentor from a kia dealers yard. At a good price, and was told that every thing with the car was perfect (cough) well anyway to cut a long story short i created a service history, now i'm having problems inspecting the rear drum brakes. Aftrer removing the wheel on the safely positioned car with hand brake off I then proceed to remove the screw on the drum to hopefully inspect the pads. Tapping gently first with a hammer as rotating the drum then trying to remove proves fruitless. Hammering firmly on the outside of the drum as rotating the drum then prying with a screwdiver just hurts the car. And I don't want to hurt my Mentor. The brakes at the front are fine (disc), I just start to lose sleep when my pride and joy and such economical running baby makes squeky moany noises.

·
Registered
1 Posts
loosen the nut 180degrees and spray with crc-/wd40 leave drive around for a week it should have loosend as this is what happend to me as well i got a kia mentor 1998 model. good luck it worked for me :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts