Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Kia Sportage Dohc 4x4 MT 5 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I got a 95 Kia Sportage EX 4wd and i recently changed motor over to a dohc motor from the sohc motor. I am currently using the old coil pack from my sohc motor with a custom bracket to hold in place. I would like to change over to the coils that are supposed to come with the dohc motor. So what I need to know is what do i need and how to do it? I assume i have to change the wiring? Is there a link or site that can show me what i need to do and what parts i am going to need to do this? Thanks for you help in advance...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
Personally, I would leave it if it is working good. Adding what you need will be as Phillip said, ecu and wiring harness and it should be out of the same year as the motor.
Do you notice much power difference between the sohc and dohc?
Did you keep the sohc trans and xfer case?
Keep us posted on your decision.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The power difference was slight but it was a good deal at the time and has been working so far... The Sohc motor head gasket blew along with the motor @ 187,000 miles.. So we did the swap for a dohc motor w/ 50k on it from a 98 Sportage. It has the orignal tranny and xfer case. Everything in it is stock 95 ex model except for stage 3 clutch & 2.25 duel exhaust. Now it has the 98 Dohc motor and Dohc ecu. It is running fine... except for i want it to have the right ignition parts instead or running on the distrib. Can i just add a wire or 2 to re-pin the ecu and fix it that way without having to pull a wiring harness and re-running it all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How are you doing, man ..I asked you whether you have a book Manuel repair Kia Sportage 1995 because I do I need a lot ...And thank you very much

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well all is good, made new bracket for it, gave it a tune up, steam cleaned the motor and all underneath. Put it up for sale, and in a couple days after it was sold! Going to miss the green monster, but on to a new project! Thanks all who provided helpful information!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts