Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ’95 Kia Sportage, 2wd, 4 cylinders, and single overhead cam motor.
It is misfiring badly.
I scanned the computer and I have got codes 7 (fault on SGT signal), code 8 (mass air flow sensor) and code 17 (feedback system). For the code 7 I replaced the crankshaft position sensor. It is still misfiring, though it sometimes holds the idle, but most of the times it does not. It seems like it is not timed properly. The exhaust pops pretty badly (sounds like a gunshot) when I hit the gas pedal. All three codes were still showing even after i replced the crankshaft position sensor. I disconnected the battery for about 5 min., all the codes went away, but the symptoms are still unchanged. Could a bad mass air flow sensor cause all this trouble? Or what else could be wrong? Please help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lindner,
I own a 1995 with the SOC motor. These motors need to have their valves adjusted. Before I adjusted mine , it didn't want idle & lacked alot of power !(if I turn on the AC at idle it would stall !)
If your mechaniclly inclined you can do it your self. Just follow the instuctions carefully & make sure you do it in the right order.

Good Luck !!
Dondobe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts