Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tryin to find parts for my94 sephia but having difficulties with weather it's a ga rs or ls, my title does not have it on there at all I do know though it is a 1.8l motor...

Parts that I need to get
Front struts both left and right
Driver side cv joint/boot assembly
Injectors spark plugs
Cold air intake kit

My car has 212000 miles on it

I'm trying to get it to keep going strong and not kill it before October
And I think this is the best way to go about it
I was told that I'd have to replace the struts and get another new cv joint for it because well they are still factory and I can feel my wheel shake pretty hard at a descent speed,

Will take pics of the engine and I think the serials if needed so I can learn how to find parts for the car

This site is pretty awesome thank you guys for hosting this forum to get help

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
It would help if everyone knew where you were located ...Kansas, USA.
Have you tried RockAuto.com? They have quite a few parts for KIAs and their priced are pretty good also.
Dave

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In north Dakota near Williston area I ca. Get parts ordered to my location or to wisconsin
My issue is I bought this car and the guy is saying that it was right on the border of a 94/95 year model because they made it a 1.8 liter engineG

·
Registered
1997 Kia Sephia, 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo, 97 Civic.
55 Posts
+1 on rock auto i got all my re-manufactured injectors from there for $38.00 a peice among other parts i needed, check the vin there are many ways you can decode it to figure out what it is, Free Car VIN Number - VIN Decoder for Kia Autos & Vehicles. this website should tell you what you need to know about your car, including year engine size, color (hope you already know that one lol) etc.. not sure if it says its a RS/LS/GS but ive heard there is hardly i difference besides options of power windows a/c, from what i can see 94 only came with a 1.6 sohc, the 95 came with 1.8 dohc 1.6 dohc and 1.6 sohc, so its probabley a 95, anyway hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Ofin2free..
Please fill out the cp section about your profile info...
I located Kansas through your IP Address which was close enough to say you're in the USA and the model info was correct.
The CV joint boots may be different so check both years to see if they are the same.
Dave

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to get the model numbers later today when
I get near my car currently working to find parts and it's going good I like the rockauto site makes it super easy to find parts

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK had a friend help me get the parts for my car rock auto is awesome for parts that are cheap,

Now time for the Cold Air Intake

I looked at KFX performance and picked this one
KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - KFX Performance

now im looking for an filter
Does anybody know of the part number that will work on the kia sephia 2001 1.8l ?

Im liking this more an more fxing this car to what it should have had long ago lol

Thanks again guys hope this gets replied to

I used the Vin finder service to see exactly what the model was and its deffinitly the right one pretty cool stuff

Now time to change my insurance around and get ready for an oil change

1 - 7 of 7 Posts