Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 kia Spectra
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Spectra ready for some brakes! What did you guys have good luck with as far as rotors and pads go? I found some Bendix , wagner, or centric stuff on rockauto not sure what to go with? I have never done the brakes on this car anyone have a write up (im assuming its pretty ease since it is all disc) Thanks guys

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
If you've done brakes before, this'll be a piece of cake. As far as which ones to use, you've gone 90k on your origional ones? Any that are on sale at your local parts store should be OK.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
You can get them at most auto part stores. They are pretty cheap. In a pinch you can use a pair of channel lock pliers.

·
Registered
2005 kia Spectra
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking on rockauto for rotors and I think I have decided to go with centric rotors 12150013 12150012 front and rear part numbers . What pads for front and rear do you guys recommend ? Also when buying from rockauto do the pads come in sets ie. Qty of 1 would be for both rotors on front axle

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
I bought a set of "generic" ceramic pads from rockauto for the rear of my wife's 07 Spectra and they have been good for me.. They were not real expensive and they are quiet and throw off no black dust..
I believe the original pads were ceramic...
The sure do have a large selection of them...
Dave

·
Registered
2005 kia Spectra
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brake job on this car is a breeze aside from the 1 front rotor not wanting to come off. a little beating on it and away it came. One other thing is when i was screwing piston back in on the rear caliper, the one rubber boot wanted to grab so i stopped and worked it a half turn back towards me and then proceeded and all was good!

Just as i thought , the front wheel bearing has a slight slight hum in it but for now im going to leave it be. We did the front passenger one about a year ago and sure enough the front driver side is going :p I don't think i will be doing this job though as the first one was a pita.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts