Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We just ordered a Kia Picanto, and are looking forward to recieving it. The only problem is that there are 8 month delivery of Picantos to Denmark!!!!!

According to the salesperson its because the car is sold cheaper to Denmark than to e.g. Germany. So Buyers in Germany gets there cars a lot faster, because Kia in Korea earns more money sending a ship with 6000 Picantos to Germanythan to Denmark. I think its so unfair, because we actually pays a lot more for our cars in Denmark because of the high taxes.

Are there anyone else from other countries that has the same delivery problems?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
8 Months!!!!!!!!!!
We must have 6-7 in stock at work currently!
Although we are now stocking up on the Cerato 4/5 door B)

·
Registered
72 Posts
i don't know about this man, but have been on the waiting list since July and I don't see no Picanto ... sighs.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Kia actually have a promotion running here in UK.
The idea is you can go into your dealer and within an hour/2 you can drive the car away if it's in stock!
They even throw in 7 days insurance B)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll totally agree. I hope Kia will pickup on this and send the Picanto-ship to Denmark ASAP. I was told that there were 3000 preordered cars, and many more to come, so they would be sold for sure. The Kia Picanto is very popular in Denmark.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was thinking about this, and one possible explanation is that Kia is shipping by regions. Does it make any sense? Like UK and Sweden is region one, sort of like taking turns according to our postal codes. Maybe its just luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats! I wish it was my Picanto that arrived mid october.

About the regions. It might be A and B regions, and Denmark is a B region but Why?

It would be nice with an explenation from the KIA headQ in Korea...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I dunno about regions.

But here in the UK the only factory option available on any Kia is metallic paint.
So for UK market Kia just ship a job lot of the specs and colours, and dealers just grab and sell what they can access.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I am writing from Malaysia. dilivery of Picanto here takes 10 months according to the sales person I spoke to today. According to him, the supply from Korea takes a long time to arrive (maybe it's just Malaysia). Kia should do something to expedite this as people are waiting in line to buy the car because it's cheap. One more thing, we cannot get picanto with ABS in Malaysia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
10 month!!! I'm sorry to hear that. So we are not the only ones in Denmark that has to wait a LONG TIME for our babies.... Hope they balance the shipments soon, so there want be that big a difference between delivering times to different countries.

But me think it s strange they dont offer it with ABS in Malaysia. All Picantos in Denmark is delivered with ABS & EBD as standard!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by lmdzaka@Oct 1 2004, 11:29 PM
But me think it s strange they dont offer it with ABS in Malaysia. All Picantos in Denmark is delivered with ABS & EBD as standard!
Well I'm from the Philippines and the initial batch doesn't have ABS and airbags either. Those things depend upon the safety requirement of the countries to which they are sold (I own a 1-month old LX).

As for the waiting time, I guess people here in the Philippines are lucky. They are getting the mass production models this month.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another dane here as well..

I ordered my Picanto two weeks ago and I was told to expect it in February. So that's 5 months :( And even that is way to much. It's a very nice car and I'm looking forward to getting it, but KIA should have expected it to be a fairly popular car and been upto speed with these delivery issues.
Just have to be patient I guess...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts