Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Canadian Spec 2013 SX has Rain Sensor Windshield Wipers, Automatic Climate Control & Heated Steering Wheel.All are not available on the U.S model along with my Beige Leather interior.All worked great and were appreciated on my 8 day road trip from Calgary to Spokane, Seattle & Vancouver.Weather was everything from HOT 33 C to torrential rain & 9 C. We went through 2 mountain passes with lots of standing water & no aquaplaning.Drove 2883 Kilometers & used 196 liters of fuel.Worst tank was 33 mpg & best was 51 Imperial.Overall 6.79 Ltr/100 kms (42 Imperial MPG or 33.4 U.S).That includes city traffic in all four major cities. I drove with the ECO on the whole time & cruised @ 95 to 105 KPH.All in all the car delivered as promised:D.Comfortable seats,decent passing power, well controlled ride & great fuel economy.I would not hesitate to recommend this car.I know this is an econobox but its quite up to long distance cruising.The tyre noise becomes less noticable(especially with the stereo turned up) & the spousal unit didn't even mind the low passengers seat.Total kilometers now @ 3616.I am hoping the fuel economy will improve as it breaks in & I put Full synthetic oil in it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great writeup, can't wait to get mine :)
Could you perhaps post some pictures? I've love to see the white leather since mine is comming with that also.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
Our Canadian Spec 2013 SX has Rain Sensor Windshield Wipers, Automatic Climate Control & Heated Steering Wheel.All are not available on the U.S model along with my Beige Leather interior.All worked great and were appreciated on my 8 day road trip from Calgary to Spokane, Seattle & Vancouver.Weather was everything from HOT 33 C to torrential rain & 9 C. We went through 2 mountain passes with lots of standing water & no aquaplaning.Drove 2883 Kilometers & used 196 liters of fuel.Worst tank was 33 mpg & best was 51 Imperial.Overall 6.79 Ltr/100 kms (42 Imperial MPG or 33.4 U.S).That includes city traffic in all four major cities. I drove with the ECO on the whole time & cruised @ 95 to 105 KPH.All in all the car delivered as promised:D.Comfortable seats,decent passing power, well controlled ride & great fuel economy.I would not hesitate to recommend this car.I know this is an econobox but its quite up to long distance cruising.The tyre noise becomes less noticable(especially with the stereo turned up) & the spousal unit didn't even mind the low passengers seat.Total kilometers now @ 3616.I am hoping the fuel economy will improve as it breaks in & I put Full synthetic oil in it.
Man..it sounds like you had fun! Over the last 500 miles I've noticed my MPG average increasing. Just from two weeks ago 37.5 mpg commuting to and from work. This week it's a steady 39/40 mpg. I drive the same speed and use the same gas. I have 1600 miles on the vehicle now. The oil was changed at 1100 miles..this could have something to do with it as well.

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
There is no as such 2013 SX sedan available in North America yet. The 2013 SX sedan will be available in US in fall of 2012. Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America and later in Canada. Check your manufacturing tag on the driver door, it must be saying the manufacturing Month/2012. This is true that all 2012 Sedans comes with User manuals saying 2013 on it

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
My user manual is very 2012

There is no as such 2013 SX sedan available in North America yet. The 2013 SX sedan will be available in US in fall of 2012. Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America and later in Canada. Check your manufacturing tag on the driver door, it must be saying the manufacturing Month/2012. This is true that all 2012 Sedans comes with User manuals saying 2013 on it
Hello Calgarian, sorry to disagree. 2012 is well printed on the cover of my bible like user manual cause it's both in French and English. I'm in Québec. I drive a 2012 EX Sedan. Manufacturing date is 03/12. BTW I love my Rio!
Cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2013 sx

Hi Calgarian.I don't want to argue but mine is a 2013.I ordered a 2012 back in first week of January but it was built in March as a 2013.Wish it had been a 2012 as they were eligible for $1500 cash puchase which I did't get:mad:from Kia.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Calgarian.I don't want to argue but mine is a 2013.I ordered a 2012 back in first week of January but it was built in March as a 2013.Wish it had been a 2012 as they were eligible for $1500 cash puchase which I did't get:mad:from Kia.
I wonder when they decided to stamp them 2013? It must have been right after my LX was built. It was built March 2012. It's considered a 2012 model though.:confused:
Is that just for Canada?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
the VIN number will tell you the production year - 10th digit C = 2012, D = 2013

here's the explanation on my Soul from the driver's door post sticker

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
2013 Rio

My car was produced March 19th & shipped on the 24th. 10th digit is a D making it a 2013 as mentioned by conwelpic.

·
Registered
2012 3 door manual Kia Rio SLS in Graphite
34 Posts
My car was built on 8th March and the 10th character of the VIN is ‘C’ so it’s a 2012 model. If rroyc46’s Rio was built on 19th March and is a 2013 model, then Kia changed the model year date between 8th and 19th March. I don’t really understand the significance though- certainly in Australia the only year that matters is the year of actual production. Also, there is no difference between a 2012 and 2013 model in Australia as far as I’m aware- Kia also don’t differentiate between the two in any of their marketing. Is there an actual difference between the two in North America? It seems very bizarre to me to refer to a car built at the start of 2012 as a 2013 model...

just sayin’

fran0127- my VIN sticker was on the middle pillar as you open the driver’s door. It should also be in your engine bay on a metal plate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I will have to look at mine again. I believe it was built on the 9th of March. It is a 2012 by the VIN number. Yeah, I don't see any differences either in the models. Except the 2013 is a little more expensive.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts