Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 EX v6
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a curt 13195 installed and now looking to connect the 7 pin plug on the vehicle side.

Issue is, where does it go? The only viable option I have seen so far is using one of these brackets:

But they stick out so far, I rather have someting a little more tucked away, but the only two other options I can find are:

or

Bot state that they can't be use with round tubing because the strap will start sliding.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
562 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX+ V6 AWD
113 Posts
Had a curt 13195 installed and now looking to connect the 7 pin plug on the vehicle side.

Issue is, where does it go? The only viable option I have seen so far is using one of these brackets:
View attachment 119330
But they stick out so far, I rather have someting a little more tucked away, but the only two other options I can find are:
View attachment 119331
or
View attachment 119332

Bot state that they can't be use with round tubing because the strap will start sliding.

Any other suggestions?
I’ve successfully installed the Draw-Tite box on the round tube of my ‘16 Sorento. I just stuck a piece of adhesive-backed foam at the back of the tube to help with grip, where the clamp attaches the box to the tube. It’s never moved on me.

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 EX v6
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to know! You're not running into issue with the trailer cable not reaching?

·
Registered
2020 Sorrento EX+
14 Posts
Curt 57202 works fine on the round bar. The worm gear strap is sturdy and wraps tight. I think the straight metal piece will bend before it slides.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento S AWD
3 Posts
Might be too late for you, but the Draw Tite hitch came with a mounting bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts