Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick update on our 2010 ex v6 after 65,000 Km's. 2 issues so far, 1st was the key reader in the ignition, the fix was to install a new ignition and receive a new key. This was good and bad, good that it was fixed quick and at no cost, bad in that we now have 2 keys, one for the doors and one for the ignition. I really couldn't care less but the wife is not happy. Dealer said that the new ignitions are not vehicle specific to prevent theft and no, you can't take them apart and put the old guts in the new. 2nd issue, the drivers door lock actuator went nuts and wouldn't stop clicking, was fixed within 2 days at no charge to me.
Fuel economy hovers around 25mpg (imperial not US), combined highway/city driving. The ride is still a bit rough at times, but considering my other truck is a dodge 1 ton dually it's really not too bad. Will need new tires this spring, will be using Goodyear silent armour tires. Front brake pads were replaced at 60,000, and had a dealer recommended trans flush and fluid change around 45/50,000.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That sucks about the two keys. I think that is kinda BS but at least they fixed it. I have 62k on our 2009 EX V6 and only had a couple odd little issues. Biggest one was the rear climate control would stay on max hot if you tried to use it. They had to replace it. Breaks are still good and I replaced the tires last year with some Yokohama Geolanders.

·
Registered
204 Posts
flash828 - I have really enjoyed them. I think they hold up very well. I would love to ride in a Borrego with high end Michelin's but I do not know of anyone with these or another Borrego - HA

I would recommend the Yoko's to anyone.

·
Registered
293 Posts
flash828 - I have really enjoyed them. I think they hold up very well. I would love to ride in a Borrego with high end Michelin's but I do not know of anyone with these or another Borrego - HA

I would recommend the Yoko's to anyone.
I have the michelin lattidude tours on my borrego. They were far better than the hankooks, and really smoothed out the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Rick2456
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing