Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2007 Kia spotage 2.0 diesel, automatic transmission.
I wanted to ask, what should I change or replace at 60Miles?
The service manual is a little bit confusing because it says to check, and I read here I should replace, for example transmission oil, differential oil, etc.
Thank you

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
60,000 miles? Stick to the manual, unless you are driving in extreme conditions.

I've only ever had differential oil "checked" to make sure there's no leaks, otherwise it shouldn't need replacement. Opinions vary on transmission fluid; any sign of rough shifting etc. probably indicates a flush/change and filter replacement. Engine oil/filter more important than these others. I'd also be more concerned about checking brakes, suspension components, steering etc.

A lot depends on cost; many posters on the forum do their own servicing and fluid changes at very little expense. A full service at the dealers can quite often land you with the "$400-oil-change-syndrome".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer, I have been told to change the serpentine belt ( engine belt) and the drive belt, and also the transmission fluid. Anyway I don't have any problems with my cars, I change engine oil and filters every 8000 Km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts