Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK

This is odd. Right after KIA anounces the ENG 131 TSB to eliminate knocking they release this TSB TRANS 049 to allow your Auto Transmission to "relearn" the adaptive values after reprogramming the ECM.

Since my ECM was reprogrammed for the ENG 131 TSB I would assume that that TSB TRANS 049 will also be required. I have noticed some shift point changes in my car since re-flashing the ECM with ENG 131. Not a drastic change, but a change none-the-less. One thing for certain - my car does not ping anymore.

I read the affected models list as ALL A/T 1.6L Gamma GDI's 2012 and newer. Does anyone disagree with this?

Looks like another trip to the dealer...

Daddy-O: You are going to have one hell of a time explaining this one to your dealer :)

https://www.kiatechinfo.com/TechnicalInformation/local_viewer/Default.asp?title_num=331&toc_type=GROUP&menu_type=1_4&docu_no=2226

I would normally attach the PDF, but it is too large and I don't have time to mess around with it. Any feedback on this TSB would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Ugh, don't they generally mail TSB notices to you via snail mail? Anyways, I'm going to have to go down to a dealer in the near future with these TSB's and get dialed in.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
I always thought TSBs were done if the customer comes a complaint demonstrating the issues set forth in the TSB, OR next time your in they will do it IF they dont forget.... otherwise you're on your own....

This is my understanding, I may be incorrect.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
Believe that is the case here in Oz, Sdgc.
Bring an issue to the attention of the service manager and he will recommend they look at it next time you bring the car in, or book it for that particular problem. Won't contact you for a TSB, cos if it's not bothering you, it doesn't bother them!
I have had things looked at/reflashed on my Sportage just by asking a question about something I may have read on this forum, otherwise they don't volunteer the information. They are getting to know me there now (2 Kias same dealer) and they tend to look after me a little better (or so it seems).

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Believe that is the case here in Oz, Sdgc.
Bring an issue to the attention of the service manager and he will recommend they look at it next time you bring the car in, or book it for that particular problem. Won't contact you for a TSB, cos if it's not bothering you, it doesn't bother them!
I have had things looked at/reflashed on my Sportage just by asking a question about something I may have read on this forum, otherwise they don't volunteer the information. They are getting to know me there now (2 Kias same dealer) and they tend to look after me a little better (or so it seems).
yes, the more intelligence or assertiveness you demonstrate to a dealer, the better they generally look after you. In a way you're teaching them new things so they should be very open to the information if they have any sense. My dealer is good, i emailed them 131 recently and they're going to try it when i'm in next for an oil change, if the car actually accepts it. Which would probably make mine the first one in australia to be flashed. Fingers crossed! Good thing i don't need this other one too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts