Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,411 Posts
I do know that official Kia filters are required as per the warranty (at least pretty sure I read that) so I want to make sure wherever I get them they are in fact Kia OEM parts. I've read that they are special somehow for the car. Like they have a valve or something special in them that the vehicle requires. Again, this may be totally false so I apologize for my ignorance.
The OEM filter are superior, but are not required to be used. However, if a warranty problem arises that was caused by the use of an aftermarket filter, then it will not be covered. Every filter has a different flow rate, with can cause lubrication issues and performance issues, especially in the case of variable timing components. I have personally seen three CVVT issues fixed just by replacing the aftermarket filters with OEM. 2 were Fram and one was a Proguard, which I believe is either Wix or Purolator relabeled.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.