Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 SX PRESTIGE XLINE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thoughts so far....

For me the transmission shudder got better after around 2k miles. I can't feel it anymore in sport mode, but can feel it coming off the line but not as bad as it used to in comfort. Has there been any updates about this?

My car hates sitting in the sun when its over 100 degrees outside. For the first 3-4 months after leaving work my android auto (which I hate that it has to be wired in the upgraded radio but is wireless in the base radio) will disconnect and reconnect couple times or up to 30 times. It has never happened in the AM and hasn't happened in the past month since it got cooler. Extremely annoying.

After driving and parking for 5-15 minutes sometimes there is some strange sound that comes from the engine area on start up. It lasts for about 5 seconds and is kind of like a rotating gurgling/groaning sound. It doesn't do it all the time, I'd say about 20%. Anyone else have this? This worries me for some reason...I'm going to have the dealer check it out when I go in for my 1st service.

The Bose system is mediocre...my last 2 cars had Bose that sounded much better than this.

Overall I like it..but with any car there's a handful of things I'd change.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
405 Posts
My car hates sitting in the sun when its over 100 degrees outside. For the first 3-4 months after leaving work my android auto (which I hate that it has to be wired in the upgraded radio but is wireless in the base radio) will disconnect and reconnect couple times or up to 30 times. It has never happened in the AM and hasn't happened in the past month since it got cooler. Extremely annoying.
Don't worry, there is nothing but problems with the wireless AA/CarPlay. I also noticed (well thought) that heat affects the connectivity and I'm on CarPlay.

After driving and parking for 5-15 minutes sometimes there is some strange sound that comes from the engine area on start up. It lasts for about 5 seconds and is kind of like a rotating gurgling/groaning sound. It doesn't do it all the time, I'd say about 20%. Anyone else have this? This worries me for some reason...I'm going to have the dealer check it out when I go in for my 1st service.
You might be noticing the electric hand brake. You can hear it really loudly with the windows down. The electric hand brake engages/disengages with Park. Next time before you shift to D, just turn on and off the hand brake and listen to see if it is the same sound.

·
Registered
21 SX PRESTIGE XLINE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry, there is nothing but problems with the wireless AA/CarPlay. I also noticed (well thought) that heat affects the connectivity and I'm on CarPlay.

You might be noticing the electric hand brake. You can hear it really loudly with the windows down. The electric hand brake engages/disengages with Park. Next time before you shift to D, just turn on and off the hand brake and listen to see if it is the same sound.
Lol it's not the brake that I'm talking about. Im not saying I know everything, but I'm a service writer at a Benz store. I know the difference between my ebrake and a rotational gurgling sound from the engine area.

Edit: change brake to ebrake

·
Registered
2021 Sorento EX 2.5T
10 Posts

Zero issues with my wireless AA. Not once has it disconnected on my Galaxy 20+ and I use it daily for navigation and listening to podcasts and spotify

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
261 Posts
My thoughts so far....

For me the transmission shudder got better after around 2k miles. I can't feel it anymore in sport mode, but can feel it coming off the line but not as bad as it used to in comfort. Has there been any updates about this?

The Bose system is mediocre...my last 2 cars had Bose that sounded much better than this.

Overall I like it..but with any car there's a handful of things I'd change.
Coolant rushing through the lines/heater core?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
103 Posts
Lol it's not the brake that I'm talking about. Im not saying I know everything, but I'm a service writer at a Benz store. I know the difference between my ebrake and a rotational gurgling sound from the engine area.

Edit: change brake to ebrake
It's quite obiously the Rotational Gurgler Device (RGD) de-initializing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts