Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Occasionally I get a bleeping sound from the dash whilst driving along. It's the same sound as the 'no seatbelt' warning or 'door open' warning, but there are no warning lights on the dash for either of these (I know these two warnings work on the dash as I've seen visual warnings when I've not had the seatbelt on or the door open).

It's happened half a dozen times in the past month but I can't see a particular pattern - it just starts beeping, goes off, starts again, goes off, then beeps constantly I think.

Maybe this pattern of beeping suggest it is seatbelt related, as it's building up the warning to a constant beep?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
When i used to go around a corner, i would get a beeping and the interior lights would come on. The little switch that registers when the door is closed/open was too far in so when going around a corner, the switch would open and the car would register an open door, and beep.

Possibly similar?
Somewhat common on these cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i used to go around a corner, i would get a beeping and the interior lights would come on. The little switch that registers when the door is closed/open was too far in so when going around a corner, the switch would open and the car would register an open door, and beep.

Possibly similar?
Somewhat common on these cars.
But did you get a warning on the dash to say the door was open? I'm not seeing anything at all, just getting the beep.

·
Registered
267 Posts
cant really remember as i was always turning a corner when it happened, so eyes were on the road...

BUT, if you push your door hard with your elbow, it happened, and if when it happens you pull the door in, it stops....

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 06 did the same thing. The switch in the drivers door pillar bent just enough for the beep but no interior lights or dash lights. I pulled the switch and bent it back and added a little JB Weld to the end to make it a tad longer. No more beeping.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Or you can unplug that door switch, and it wont beep.
Drive like that for a couple days to test if that is it, then just plug it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts