Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, is there any way that the interior lights in the back of the car (i.e. the rear passenger area) can operate separately from the ones above the driver?

My kids often like to read in the back, but if they turn the overhead light on it activates the ones above the driver too, which is no good for driving at night!

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I will say that is weird. Has someone done other wiring in the car? The front lights are independent of the rear passenger and rear cargo lights.

If you slide the switch to "on" (three position. Off/Door/On) for the passenger light, the front map lights should NOT come on too. If you're talking about the brightness dial on the dash to turn them on, than they all turn on.

Along the same lines, if you open the door, the front map lights are not supposed to come on either. If you're not the first owner, someone may have run a patch wire to make the front map lights come on when the door opens (and therefore come on when the rear switch is turned on too)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's exactly what happens - map lights come on when the rear is switched to ON or door opens. The interior lights all appear to be LED bulbs or the like, so maybe someone has linked them as said. I'll have to have a poke around.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts