Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to my attention that my mother inlaw needs new front wheel bearings and seals. :( The car has what I bleave to be factory vacuum lockers.

The car is a 2001 KIA Sportage EX 4 door 4WD 2.0L gasoline engine automatic transmission

I called up NAPA autoparts and every part has ok prices except for the inner seals they want $43 :eek: I am looking on ebay and other website and see like 3 different seals claiming to be 4WD front inner wheel bearing seals

Can any one please show me a picture of one or point me to the correct site where I can get them for a lot less thank you very much

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
Check out RockAuto Auto Parts

They seem to be reasonable and have always sent me the correct parts so far. Just make sure you order the correct one.

If two different sizes are listed and you're not sure, order them both and then return the wrong one or sell it. You'll still be money ahead.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
It has come to my attention that my mother inlaw needs new front wheel bearings and seals. :( The car has what I bleave to be factory vacuum lockers.

The car is a 2001 KIA Sportage EX 4 door 4WD 2.0L gasoline engine automatic transmission

I called up NAPA autoparts and every part has ok prices except for the inner seals they want $43 :eek: I am looking on ebay and other website and see like 3 different seals claiming to be 4WD front inner wheel bearing seals

Can any one please show me a picture of one or point me to the correct site where I can get them for a lot less thank you very much
If you look at my post from 5/19/2012 it might help you. If you just need the wheel bearing seal, it is available at any parts store. If you plan on replacing the needle bearing and the big seal/spacer, then I would go thru KIA. If the big seal is in good shape, and pliable, and the 4wd works, I would probably leave that one alone (as stated in my post). Sometimes you have to go thru KIA to get the correct parts (in my opinion). Cheers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no at this time the 4WD drive does not work another reason I am looking for the inner wheel bearing seal to get the vacuum lockers to work agin

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
no at this time the 4WD drive does not work another reason I am looking for the inner wheel bearing seal to get the vacuum lockers to work agin
Have you troubleshot your 4 wheel drive problem? The seal is not where I would start. Check your vacuum source, and your vacuum lines. Or, since you are working on the bearing, you can apply vacuum to the port, and verify if the 4wd is engaging at that point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts