Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi The update on my none delivery is that i'am now into week 4 with still no delivery date.
2 Days before the 30th september which is when the free insurance was surposed to finish I was told by Kia custmer service was that if I wanted my free insurance the Dealer would have to pre register my Car the Dealer did this I now have a registration document for a Car I own but have not got.
But the free insurance did not really stop now they just charge you £1 for the insurance so I had no need to rush and register the Car but now I'm committed to buying it.......I'm now very suspicous of Kia U.K.
I have written to there U.K. H.Q to tell them of my annoyance of how we are being treated. but they have the upper ahnd I still have no Car
BARRY :amen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi endeva

Sorry to hear you are having prob's getting your new car delivered.

The only reason i could come up with as to this, came form a mate of mine who was buying a new model also, he was told there may be a short wait for delivery as the Picanto had taken off sales wise. Know this will be of no solice to you, but certain reasons can help reduce the annoyance you feel towards the dealer, which is understandable especially given your sittuation.

Hope by the time you get this, your car has been deliverd and you are having fun driving it around.

What model are you getting?

tmag.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Barry,

When I read your post, I fumed, outbloody rageous treatment from Kia and if Kia UK are reading this you could get into a barn full of shite for pulling a pre registration stunt like that.

Barry there is a 2/3 year old case law on this very subject I'll see if I can retrive it it's in your favour.

However, wise words and common sense by tmag 2828.

Reguardless of outcome Barry you need to complain in writing, yes I know it's a pain but you need to set a time limit for delivery, register don't record the letter.

The Consumer Association has just done a small write up on the Piccanto.
From memory it was favorable but all agreed it wasn't a touring car.
Keep us posted
Seacam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Tmag2828... and Seacam.... for replying, we have today been in touch with the Dealer and he says that our Car which is the Picanto 1.1 lx Automatic will be with them on Monday I'm keeping my fingers croosed it will happen this time.
Also when we ordered the Car we wanted Red but we were told Red was virtually impossible to get and that they would not charge us for the Metallic Paint not bad I thought, it then turns out that they ordered a Red one so the £300 for the Metallic the Dealer had gone back on, which mea'nt we were £300 down on the deal, today my wife rang the Dealer to tell them this and to see if we could get some compensation for the £300 lose, the Dealer did give in some and told Her we could have a Free Service or a Free Spare wheel kit it was not a real victory for us but we settled on the Spare wheel if we wait for the free Service it could take some time and I did not want the Dealer suffering Memory Lose.
All the this trouble has taken the edge of our new Car but hopefully by Monday we will be all smiles..............Kia H.Q. has not yet replied but it is early days

thanks again BARRY

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI Again Barry.

Seacam is right, if there is case law regarding the shifty pre-reg move they have pulled use it. Meanwhile keep cool and hit them where it hurts later.....!

Enjoy the car when it arrives and persue your grievences in a calm manner and you will win out eventually. Kia neeed good reviews with the Picanto given it is their first real success in Europe and i would assume they do not need bad reviews at this time. Good luck....!

Roll on Monday :clap:

Tmag.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
I feel really sorry for you in not yet having the car, really not on when its been promised for you, fingers crossed it turns up this time! I can imagine how you must feel, my mate has an up to 12 week wait for his new Golf Se...

Its really bad.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts