Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question straight out of left field, does the symbol on the North American 4-way flasher/hazard button underneath the stereo light up at night? Maybe I just haven't noticed it in the past, but I swapped mine out for a red button from Shark Racing and the symbol on the button lights up at night.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage T-GDI, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80
8 Posts
Yes, the red triangle lights up. I like it when it also flashes when you push the button like the Rio does, but not the Sportie :(

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX
4 Posts
Hi guys,

How did you actually remove the old grey hazard switch to begin with? I tried and it partially popped off...I think I may have messed it up slightly. I put the old grey one back on for the time being until I figure out how to do it right.

I also bought the red hazard switch from Shark Racing...emailed them and they said they'd get back to me but never did.

Thanks much in advance!

John

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

How did you actually remove the old grey hazard switch to begin with? I tried and it partially popped off...I think I may have messed it up slightly. I put the old grey one back on for the time being until I figure out how to do it right.

I also bought the red hazard switch from Shark Racing...emailed them and they said they'd get back to me but never did.

Thanks much in advance!

John
Follow/find the instructions on how to remove the stock radio, you'll need to follow most of those steps in order to remove and replace the hazard button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts