Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI EVERYONE

WELL I HAVE HAD MY PICANTO 1.1 LX FOR 4 DAYS NOW AND DONE 250 MILES AND I CAN SAY THIS IS A GREAT LITTLE CAR TO DRIVE, THE KIT IN THE CAR IS EXCELLENT FOR A SMALL CAR AIR CON, CD PLAYER, ABS, EBD, POWER STEERING, REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING, ALARM, FRONT AND REAR ELECTRIC WINDOWS. JUST HAVE A FEW LITTLE PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR THOUGH, WHEN I PICKED IT UP IT HAD A FULL TANK OF FUEL AND I HAD ONLY DONE 220 MILES WHEN THE FUEL GAUGE LIGHT CAME ON DOES THIS SOUND ABOUT RIGHT? ALSO THE CAR SEEMS TO TAKE FOREVER TO HEAT UP I MUST HAVE TO DO ABOUT 6 MILES TILL THE BLUE TEMPERATURE LIGHT GOES OFF AND EVEN THEN WHEN I PUT THE HEATERS ON THEY ARE NOT WHAT I WOULD CALL HOT, SOMETIMES WHEN THE BLUE LIGHT HAS GONE OFF AND I PUT THE HEATERS ON THE BLUE LIGHT SOMETIMES COMES BACK ON, IS THIS NORMAL?
I WAS READING ANOTHER TOPIC ON THIS SITE FOR PICANTOS AND SOMEONE WAS SAYING THAT THEY CHANGE THERE OIL IN THE CAR EVERY FEW THOUSAND MILES, DON'T THE GARAGE DO THIS WHEN THEY SERVICE YOUR CAR

LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR COMMENTS

CHEERS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Indeed it is a sweet car!!!
As for the heat I have to agree with you. It's a tad slow at getting heated up. But for the lamp switching on at random is not normal. You should talk to your dealer about it.
A service check would normally include an oil change. If you have experience with car you could do it yourself, if not then let the pros handle it :)

Have fun with your car...

P.S . My Picanto is 9 days today :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by kthunoe@Dec 30 2004, 07:42 PM
Indeed it is a sweet car!!!
As for the heat I have to agree with you. It's a tad slow at getting heated up. But for the lamp switching on at random is not normal. You should talk to your dealer about it.
A service check would normally include an oil change. If you have experience with car you could do it yourself, if not then let the pros handle it :)

Have fun with your car...

P.S . My Picanto is 9 days today :)
the fuel pump sign lights up in orange when you are almost out of fuel. If the fuel needle does not read a few notches up from 'zero' when the light comes on, then you might have a rare problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it not just very cold in Newcastle ;)

If the blue light comes on it means the engine is not up to a good temperature. Having your heater on hot will mean the engine takes longer to warm up. If you set the heater to cold and the blower off (to stop you freezing) the blue light should go out sooner.

As for only getting 220 miles out of a full tank - the fuel economy is not great at first but gets better as the engine beds in.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI

THE BLUE LIGHT NOW GOES OFF MUCH FASTER THAT BEFORE NOW SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT WAS ALL ABOUT. AND YES YOU ARE RIGHT AFTER DRIVING ABOUT 600 MILES I AM NOW GETTING MUCH BETTER MILES NOW THAT THE FIRST TANK. JUST FILLED UP AND HAVE DONE 90 MILES NOW ON 1/4 OF A TANK HOPE THAT KEEPS UP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O FORGOT TO SAY I HAD THE REAR DISCS SKIMMED AS THE BRAKES WHERE NOISY SO MABE THIS HAS HELPED THE FUEL

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
The 1st tank of petrol will always go down the quickest as the car runs in.
As said before when you have the heater on it will take the car longer to warm up as it blows the hot air out of the engine which could also cause the blue light to come back on as the engine would be cooler, this is the same action you should take if a car is overheating.

Regards
Kevin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cor, your mileage sounds good, my Picanto is 6wks old and I've still only done about 500 miles in it! She is starting to looses up though and getting faster. When i first got mine it seemed so slow (My previous car was a 2.0 Toyota camry) but now it seems really nippy with loads of grip! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts