Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LX GDI AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 LX with the 3rd Row, my seat belts for the 3rd row (when the seat is down) don't stay in the clips. I actually don't understand the 2-slot design either...

I need the belts to stay in place when they aren't being used as I have a dog that is relegated to the back and will chew on them if they are sticking out.

Does anyone know the proper way to use these as I feel like an idiot but can't seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3 V6 AWD, Snow White Pearl W/Touring Pkg.
63 Posts
I slide belt webbing into the back slot while keeping the sliding metal attachment held above the clip. Then insert metal attachment into the outer slot. I find the belt will not usually remain secured as this is a poor design. Perhaps a tie wrap would assure secure retention of belt and metal clip.Also be aware that the trim panels do not always hold the plastic holder securely and may require epoxy cementing.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Have you consulted your owners manual?

·
Registered
2013 LX GDI AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I couldn't find anything (not saying it's not there, I just didn't see it). First thing I did was read the manual front to back only skipping general knowledge sections, like how to put on a seat belt, hehe

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Just thought it would tell you the correct way to use the clips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts