Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new badges for my Sportage. Removed the original emblems with little problem but having a tough time removing all the 3M tape which secured the rear badge. Any recommendations on what product to use to remove the adhesive with out damaging the the painted surface?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
51 Posts
Use lighter fluid. It will come off easily. Then, clean it with alcohol afterwards. The cheap and smart way.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,773 Posts
Any adhesive remover such as "Goof Off"

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I used goo-gone. Same kind of stuff as mentioned above. I also used a plastic scrapper like thing to help ease some stubborn bits off. Didn't scratch and even if it did a tiny bit (clear coat) who cares. New shiny emblem covers that up promptly anyway ;-)

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
Automotive Goo Gone. Just be sure to clean it off right after you are done. I typically wax the area where the badges were afterward as well.

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
Goof Off, no sharp objects, patience then waxing worked for me.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the recommendations but.....WWWWHHHHOOOOAAAAAA....that Goof-Off stuff is the craps. Took that adhesive off faster than the time it takes me to get my wife's panties off on Saturday night!

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
It works the rest of the week too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts