Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio, 2013 Kia Rio SX Premium, 2013 Kia Soul
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow my wife finally joins the Kia family, of which I've been a member of since 04 with my 01 rio, with a 2013 Soul + w/ the audio package (she likes the"flashy speakers" lol)

I'll post up some photos tomorrow when we get them...

For me, I'm getting the only 2013Kia Rio SX Premium in the Midwest :p

Both are black and for plans on the soul I have Bob yet, as its my wife's and going to mainly be used to haul our baby around

The Rio I plan on murdering with some orange interior accents...

This will mean I own 3 Kias, my 2001Rio, 2013 Rio Sx premium, and 2013 soul + :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty nice? They only have the lx here so I couldn't even test drive one...

It also took forever to find one, closest is in Texas and its the only one outside of the coasts...there are also 2 other sx I'm Texas but none with the premium package

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here we go!

There still trying to get my Rio so they can ship it here, there's only 3 black sx premiums in the us all on the coasts so I'll have it by next week, in the mean time we got our soul :)

I can't upload too many from my phone because I have a lot of photos and it takes 2/3 minutes each to try and load :/

They don't have the premium in Australia?

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
they don't give the option of a premium pack no. The top of the rank is what i have, the SLS which is a three door version of your SX but without reverse camera, uvo, heated seats and voice activation. Gets most of the other stuff.

the premium pack gives you a sunroof and other things right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang that sucks...Yea it gives all that stuff...they didn't sell super well here though, so there's not a whole lot available

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
In Canada Standard on all Rio SX 5 or Sedan models we get Rain Sensor Windshield Wiper, Automatic Single Zone Climate Control(Works better than the one in my Mercedes(& Heated Steering Wheel:D). All the items in the U.S.Premium Package are Standard.Only option is Navigation.We Can't get the Autodimming Rear View Mirror with Homelink & Compass as an option or through KIA parts:mad:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
Whats the premium package inthe US.... here in Canada (when I bought mine) it was a 2013 SX with or wiouth Nav.. those were the 2 options. Didnt need nav and said hell no for 1500 (you can buy a lot of Garmins for that price!). And I also got a white with brown (chocolate) interior, which I didnt see as an option in according to the pamphlets so that was a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
read my post above.I got a red SX sedan with beige leather which is no longer available. I have never seen another:D

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
Red and beisge would be a really nice combo too! WOuld liket o see pictures of the look

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how to attach pictures.I'm not very computer literate but can do it on other car club sites:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We get push button start, power sun roof, leather heated seats, nav. With traffic with the premium here.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
they don't give the option of a premium pack no. The top of the rank is what i have, the SLS which is a three door version of your SX but without reverse camera, uvo, heated seats and voice activation. Gets most of the other stuff.

the premium pack gives you a sunroof and other things right?
You would assume that one does NOT need heated seats in Australia, no? :lol:

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how to attach pictures.I'm not very computer literate but can do it on other car club sites:confused:
a couple of ways depending on how you want to do it or present it.

You can do an attachment directly from your computer by selecting GO ADVANCE and then scrolling down and selecting MANAGE ATTACHMENTS which opens up a separate window and then you proceed to find it on your computer and then upload. It will show you the uploaded file. This will show as a thumbnail below your comment. People just click on it for a larger view.

Your can create an account in a photo website (I use Photobucket), you post your photos there and then they will provide an image link, which you then post in your comment and it will show you that photo, like this:

does it make sense to you :D

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
You would assume that one does NOT need heated seats in Australia, no? :lol:
depends, it gets very hot in summer and pretty cold in winter at times. Not Canada cold though that's for sure!

As i said there are no premium packs available here but the range topping SLS gets standard:

3 door config
17" alloys
remote entry
pushbutton start
leather
projector headlights
auto wipers
auto headlights
DRL's
LED tail lights
headlight leveling switch
climate control
led mirror repeaters
heated @ electrically folding wing mirrors

and other stuff i forget

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
Hi conwelpic Where do I find GO ADVANCE?
its at the bottom of this page when you do a quick reply, however if you are replying to a "quote" like I'm doing now you are already on the ADVANCE page, in that case just scroll down a bit to MANAGE ATTACHMENT

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
depends, it gets very hot in summer and pretty cold in winter at times. Not Canada cold though that's for sure!
Heh. I'm a Kiwi by birth and have been in NZ in the past when it was "winter" and was on the beach in shorts and short sleeves, fishing off a wharf. 10-15 C = balmy and warm to a Canadian.

It's now spring in Canada, and this morning I had my seat heater on because it was -12 C according to my car's thermometer. :eek: :huh:

That said, if I came to Australia in the Aussie summer, I'd probably melt into a puddle on the sidewalk :p

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
haha! it's a COLD night here in autumn, 9 deg outside currently, considering the heater! In march this year we had 10 straight days in the mid 30's and that was autumn.. the summer we just had was pretty bad, many, many 40+ days. And i live in Melbourne, the so called cold place. It's really not true however lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts