Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a full set of these 3D K badges for my 2011 SX. I really like them. But, the front and rears are now all scratched from washing etc. They're super soft and even when taking great care of them and the rest of the car as I always do (personal hand washes etc.) they have still became all scratched up (finish) and now look a bit dull and cloudy.

The reseller who sold them to me is being nice and giving me 2 more (front and rear) for half off. So, I'll buy them but I wanted to ask how to Clearcoat them so they're better protected.

I saw people in other threads say they did so but, I have no idea how to go about this for myself. Any suggestions on how to do this or what to buy for Clearcoat? Assume it's in a spray can?

I know I'd need to tape off the chrome parts and just Clearcoat the black parts. But, I've never even taped anything off before and didn't know if someone here could offer suggestions on how I can better protect my next set of badges.

Thanks in advance for your help...

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
yup, clearcoat is in a spray can. Best to tape off the chrome with masking tape so your just clearcoating the black.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, clearcoat is in a spray can. Best to tape off the chrome with masking tape so your just clearcoating the black.
Thanks for the info. I'll grab some before they arrive in the mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts