Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wow time flies. Sorento is already due for 32,000km service. So I call the dealership and I asked them price for the maintenance and quoted $295+tax. I ask them why its high compared to last three I received and apparently brake service is needed at 32k to meet Kia's warranty.

I wanted to double check with you guys whether brake servicing is required?

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
per the owners..

Per the owners manual, the only things required at 30k are..A, C, E, and D. A is actually required every 7500 miles as part of the oil change/inspection.

30,000 miles A C D E

A Inspect* — Air conditioning compressor, air conditioner refrigerant and performance**, cooling system1, drive shaft and boots, battery condition, brake fluid / clutch** fluid; brake lines, hoses and connections; brake pedal and operation, chassis/body nuts and bolts, drum brakes and linings**,
disc brakes and pads**, exhaust pipe and muffler, front suspension ball joints; fuel tank, cap, lines and hoses; parking brakes, steering operation and linkage and suspension mounting bolts
Change — Engine oil and oil filter
Perform — Lubricate all locks and hunges; Rotate tires; add fuel additive†2
B Inspect*: Air cleaner filter
C Replace* — Climate control air filter**
D Inspect* — Manual transaxle fluid**
E Inspect* — Fuel filter3 and fuel tank air filter3; vapor hose and fuel filler cap
Replace — Air cleaner filter
F Replace — Drive belt4
G Inspect — Valve clearance5
H Replace — Spark plugs (iridium coated)
I Replace — Engine coolant6
* and, if necessary

Hi,

Wow time flies. Sorento is already due for 32,000km service. So I call the dealership and I asked them price for the maintenance and quoted $295+tax. I ask them why its high compared to last three I received and apparently brake service is needed at 32k to meet Kia's warranty.

I wanted to double check with you guys whether brake servicing is required?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
208 Posts
I just had mine done, a level 2 service which the dealer (Scott Kia in Red Deer) recommended. Charge was $185, tax included. This included synthetic oil.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 6MT
47 Posts
smrtphusr,

I had my 30 000 km service done in June.

It was a "service #3" for my dealer.

Came up to $303 with tax including a new cabin and air filters.

There was also a brake maintenance done at that price.

Hope this helps !

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thank you for the replies guys.

i guess it is "service #3" at my dealership too. but i dont think brake cleaning service is mandatory.

checked the manual last night and it doesnt have to have cleaning done to follow warranty maintenance schedule. it would be a good idea i suppose but brakes are working just fine :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts