Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 02 Rio new in February of 03 and have accumulated about 30k so far. Overall I have been pretty happy with the car, my biggest complaints being the lack of power(I have an auto trans. which doesn't help) and the absolute shite Kumho tires. My fuel mileage averages around 27mpg with an all-time best of 32 on a long trip. I have had several problems which were taken care of under warranty. The worst of which is the condenser unit of the air conditioner which has been replaced twice and just crapped out again last week. Has anyone else had this problem? One of the trim pieces that fits in the channels on the roof came off and had to be replaced and the heat shield on the cat started rattling at about 20k. The tech told me this was a common problem which had been taken care of with a new design. The entire cat was replaced, not just the shield. I recently took the car to the dealer for the 30k service which cost almost 400 bucks. A bit pricey IMO. Does anyone have high miles on their Rio here? I'm curious as to how they hold up. Any problem areas? Once my car is out of warranty I plan on doing all service myself. Is the timing belt replacement pretty straight forward? Cheers-Marty :57:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2003 rio in june of last year. The only service I have had done has been the normal service such as oil changes, tune up ,and tire rotation. I have the normal service done at the intervals required and haven't spent anywhere close to 400 dollars. I haven't had to get any major service work done at the dealer. I have the car serviced for the regular stuff at the local ammaco . The car averages about 325 mpg before the fuel light comes on so I have been extremely happy with the milage. The car had 20,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 36,000 so as you can see it gets driven. I hope you have better luck. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts