Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 4x4 ex
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the switches, motors, relays in passenger door and back doors work. In the driverside door the motor, relay works but the 4 way with child lock switch in drivers doors is broke. I can put all other windows down but the drivers window switch is broken i cannot put down drivers door window. i have been looking in local junk yards for the switch but cannot find.:confused:

Is the fuse blowing because of the bad switch?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just took the switch apart on mine because the drivers window and the drivers rear window wasnt working. found that the switch was very carboned up and its really easy to take apart. take out like 4 little phillips screws and pop the tabs off. i cleaned all of mine with some emery cloth and a rag. put it back together and the window wouldnt roll up. i could hear it clicking but not moving. beat on the inside of the door and it started to work fine. try taking the switch apart and checking it out. if that doesnt fix it you could have a short to ground in the wiring popping the fuse or a seized window motor.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
The window switches reverse the (+12v) and the (ground) feeds to the motors driving the windows up and down... So both are located in a very small area inside the switches.
If the switch breaks down you could get +12v shorted to ground and that would blow a 30 amp fuse... It sounds like you really need to find those switches.
Cobra259 may be able to get you them a a reduced price from KIA if they are still available. You might want to pm him with your year/model/Vin# and the parts you need.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts