Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento EX V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I have a 2019 Kia Sorento. The 2nd Row seat will not fully fold down and lay flat on the passenger side. The drivers side and the middle both lay down as they are supposed to be. The seat slides back and forth fine and the top lever unlocks the seat and allows it to move forward to let the 3rd row out.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a real issue? I have tried using the rear pull and the one on the seat too I have searched online but not see a youtube video on the subject. THANKS!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento EX V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that is not the issue. Thanks for the answering. The bottom releases (moves back and forth) but the top backrest on comes down enough to allow someone to get in the third row.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX V6
6 Posts
Are you using the top release lever near the headrest or the bottom lever? The top lever is just to tip the seat back forward for 3rd row access. The bottom lever will allow the seatback to fold flat.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento EX V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took my Kia Sorento to a Kia dealership. I was told that that seat doesn't fold down flat like the drivers side 2nd Row. Is this true? I really think its a problem and they just didn't want to deal with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They definitely fold all the way down, last week mine was stuck and I thought it was broke, but I simply put it back into position and pulled on the lower lever and it lays all the way flat.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
So I took my Kia Sorento to a Kia dealership. I was told that that seat doesn't fold down flat like the drivers side 2nd Row. Is this true? I really think its a problem and they just didn't want to deal with it.
I'm curious as to why, when dealers say such outlandish things, they don't get called on it. Simple matter to ask them to show you a car identical to yours on the lot and attempt to fold the seats. When they all lay flat (as they are designed to do), turn to the service guy and just stare. Then get the service manager/general manager involved and tell them you don't appreciate being flatly lied to and then you expect not only a repair of the problem, but some free service work as compensation. Or, in the alternative, offer to share the whole incident with Kia corporate and the local "on your side" TV station. Dealerships need to be responsible for their employees and feel some pain when there is complete deception like this.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
113 Posts
Can you post a photo of your seats in question? I want to see how far or how little it goes down.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2019
4 Posts
Hello all:

I have a 2019 Kia Sorento. The 2nd Row seat will not fully fold down and lay flat on the passenger side. The drivers side and the middle both lay down as they are supposed to be. The seat slides back and forth fine and the top lever unlocks the seat and allows it to move forward to let the 3rd row out.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a real issue? I have tried using the rear pull and the one on the seat too I have searched online but not see a youtube video on the subject. THANKS!
Did you watch the on-line videos for the 2nd and 3rd row seats? They show a side view as the seat is folded - it looks like the bottom of the seat drops down an inch or two first before the seat back folds forward. If there's something under the seat bottom that could prevent it from dropping down all the way and allowing the back to not lie flat. Take a look at the video if you can.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,707 Posts
I have a 2018 Kia Sorento, and just had the exact same issue.
@PaulChrestman: Can you please advise if you got yours fixed? Thanks.
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 14 of 14 Posts