Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Sportage LX Hybrid AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about 3000 miles into my 2023 Sportage Hybrid (details in profile) and have noticed an intermittent but very annoying issue with Android Auto. This has happened three times so far, seemingly when the phone has reached a full charge, but not always at that exact point. The Android Auto simply disconnects with no warning, so any navigation you may be relying upon vanishes, as well as music/media. The only remedy I've found is to restart the engine, which of course is not practical mid-roadtrip! Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable does nothing when the disconnect happens - the "phone projection" option is there but will not connect. I have switched out the cables multiple times already. Has anyone seen this with theirs, or perhaps with Apple Carplay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you can get another phone to try connecting, you can do that to isolate the issue. If that other phone does not disconnect, then it's your phone. If that phone also disconnects, maybe it's the physical connection at the USB port to the infotainment system, which probably should be left to the dealership techs. I won't doubt the cables since you said the cable was switched multiple times. My wife is using Apple Carplay with hers and no issues so far.

Reactions: mmf144

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can get another phone to try connecting, you can do that to isolate the issue. If that other phone does not disconnect, then it's your phone. If that phone also disconnects, maybe it's the physical connection at the USB port to the infotainment system, which probably should be left to the dealership techs. I won't doubt the cables since you said the cable was switched multiple times. My wife is using Apple Carplay with hers and no issues so far.
Okay I'll try that, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT Line AWD
2 Posts
Hi all,

I'm about 3000 miles into my 2023 Sportage Hybrid (details in profile) and have noticed an intermittent but very annoying issue with Android Auto. This has happened three times so far, seemingly when the phone has reached a full charge, but not always at that exact point. The Android Auto simply disconnects with no warning, so any navigation you may be relying upon vanishes, as well as music/media. The only remedy I've found is to restart the engine, which of course is not practical mid-roadtrip! Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable does nothing when the disconnect happens - the "phone projection" option is there but will not connect. I have switched out the cables multiple times already. Has anyone seen this with theirs, or perhaps with Apple Carplay?

Thanks!
I have a 2022 Kia K5 GT AWD and I started having similar issues with my USB port as well. It will charge but not connect to Apple Car Play. It started with going out with no warning and now it simply will not read the phone It will still charge which is weird, I have tried changing out cords (even using actual apple cords) and using my wife’s phone as well and it will not work. Thankfully, the dealer had the same issue when I brought it in the other day and they had to order a new part. I do not know if there is a short or something but hopefully yours was able to be fixed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Please let us know what the issue was and what fixed it. If any other members run into the same issue, we'll know what the reason is

Reactions: Dave W.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys. It has not happened again, and we just had another 4 hour roadtrip with Android Auto connected the entire time. So since it's intermittent, I'm not sure if I'll bring it into the dealer to have it checked out. They'll probably not know what to do, given their track record....

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
527 Posts
I've had this happen a few times with my 2020 SX and finally figured out that if I turn off my phone's Bluetooth, then turn it back on and allow it to reconnect with the car's system, AA comes back on.

Reactions: mmf144
1 - 8 of 8 Posts