Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Considering a 2023 Kia Sportage PHEV.
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe it was a typo initially but July '22 is the release date for the PHEV

Arriving July 2022, the all-new Sportage Plug-in Hybrid offers the freedom to use both gas fuel and all-electric power. With impressive fuel efficiency, a premium interior, and ample cargo space, the Sportage Plug-in Hybrid is ready to take on the road ahead.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sportage SX AWD
149 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are mis-reading. The PHEV is coming in July.

the hybrid will he Available prob by May or end of april.
Holy sh!t you're right. How did I not see that? AAHHHHH!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Although I doubt it given the platform is the same, I hope this maintains better efficiency profile at high speeds than the Tucson HEV and PHEV have in testing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although I doubt it given the platform is the same, I hope this maintains better efficiency profile at high speeds than the Tucson HEV and PHEV have in testing.
I was hoping for at least 40mpg on the Sportage PHEV. That doesn't seem realistic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would buy it in a heartbeat if it did 30+mpg (US) at 75mph. Tucson appears to be coming in much lower than that so I am not holding my breath.
Driving a Volt has made me keep my speed down. I pretty much never go over the speed limit anymore. 1) Kills my EV range (or mpg) and 2) Just dangerous and not worth the minimal gain in time. Getting older I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Driving a Volt has made me keep my speed down. I pretty much never go over the speed limit anymore. 1) Kills my EV range (or mpg) and 2) Just dangerous and not worth the minimal gain in time. Getting older I guess.
Speed limit here is 75. I'd be going much slower than general traffic if I didn't hit that speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts