Kia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
145 Posts
I just saw that Meross today on FB. Thank you for sharing. I already have the Liftmaster MyQ technology on my opener, where I can open the garage door with my phone, but my wife would never want to use her phone to open the door. It is just not something she would be willing to deal with.

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage EX Hybrid
3 Posts
I just saw that Meross today on FB. Thank you for sharing. I already have the Liftmaster MyQ technology on my opener, where I can open the garage door with my phone, but my wife would never want to use her phone to open the door. It is just not something she would be willing to deal with.
I had MyQ for years at another place. If your wife is willing to talk to Siri or Alexa; that's an option w/ Meross.

·
Registered
2023 Sportage SX AWD Wolf Gray w/ Carmine Red Interior
6 Posts
I have ordered a mirror from EBAY for a Kia that has the standard connector that seems to match the generic install kits that are available. We shall see how it goes. I really can imagine this being too hard to install. I think the hardest part will be fishing the wires down behind plastic on the side of the windshield. I will post my findings when the mirror and wiring kit arrives.
Any update on this? I just took home a 23 Sportage SX and am very displeased with the lack of auto dimming and homelink.

I ordered a Gentex Auto Dimming mirror that was $90, as they all seem pretty universal. It came with the same wire splice clips as it looks the Kia ones come with. Wondering if you determined which wires to tap off of, and if you need to get behind the overhead panel? I couldn't quite figure out how that panel detaches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there a fee for using MyQ garage opener kit? I was going to order one from Amazon and the reviews are confusing
There's a fee to connect it with your voice assistant. But I've also read that barely works anyways.

I have the MyQ garage door adapter that was like $20, and it works great with my traditional garage door opener. Can open and close from the MyQ app.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There's a fee to connect it with your voice assistant. But I've also read that barely works anyways.

I have the MyQ garage door adapter that was like $20, and it works great with my traditional garage door opener. Can open and close from the MyQ app.
So to use the app to open and close without using voice assistant is free?

I was looking to do the same thing, to install the MyQ kit from Amazon.
Is this what you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So to use the app to open and close without using voice assistant is free?

I was looking to do the same thing, to install the MyQ kit from Amazon.
Is this what you have?
Correct free to use with app. Yeah that's the kit I have, the one that's $80 on Amazon. I must have got it on sale or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
80 dollars? the one I linked is 30 lol
Oh I see that now lol, sorry I'm driving.

That looks like a new model of what I have I guess? Mine was about $20 so yeah that's probably just the newer version.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh I see that now lol, sorry I'm driving.

That looks like a new model of what I have I guess? Mine was about $20 so yeah that's probably just the newer version.
I think I might go ahead and buy it. It's almost become a routine now to drive away from the house in the morning, only to come back because I just have little suspicion that I did not close the garage door.

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
145 Posts
I am anxiously awaiting to see if anyone here has installed the Homelink mirror and how easy/difficult it will be. My wife is adamant about having that mirror for her Sportage.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am anxiously awaiting to see if anyone here has installed the Homelink mirror and how easy/difficult it will be. My wife is adamant about having that mirror for her Sportage.
If they ever come available, I'll post the instruction manual here so everybody knows which wires to tap into and etc.

• Love
Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
Looking at getting 2023 Sportage PHEV
40 Posts
What's the benefit of homelink over a regular remote?

I do like how it looks less cluttered in the cabin with homelink, but is that the only benefit?

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line AWD
3 Posts
Hi guys. Does someone knows where I can find wiring diagram to connect my gentex mirror? I installed couple of them in the past in my optima and wife's Tucson. I can't find any instructions for Sportage 2023.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you have the 2022 Tucson, the diagram should be pretty much the same, but mirror options are not available yet on the Sportage, so there is no official instructions available.

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line AWD
3 Posts
Yes, it's Tucson 2022. Thanks for reply. I hope I don't mess up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 140 Posts