Kia Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I miss the proximity lock feature from my Cadillac.
The car locked automatically when I walked away from my car, a feature which is missing from the Sportage.
If it exists, tell me, maybe I just missed the settings from the manual.

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
67 Posts
I miss the proximity lock feature from my Cadillac.
The car locked automatically when I walked away from my car, a feature which is missing from the Sportage.
If it exists, tell me, maybe I just missed the settings from the manual.
This information was on the web, but maybe Kia left it out due to the chip shortage. And here I thought only Lays potato chips caused anxiety and weight gain.

"Few compact SUVs offer a longer list of standard features than the 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid. If you decide to buy the base LX, you’ll get 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights and taillights, LED daytime-running lights, walk-away auto lock, cloth upholstery, and dual-zone automatic climate control."

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmm. That's interesting. I am sure I didn't find anything to enable in the Kia Connect unit ...
I looked through the entire owners manual, and you are correct, nothing about "proximity lock" is mentioned. I guess the Sportage does not have it. Too bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It certainly is. I love the walk-away lock feature in my Honda. My wife did not have it in her Outback, so she won't miss it, but it was a nice feature to have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was looking on the Kia lot near my house and they had a base model 2022 Kia Sorento, which did have the homelink mirror. I thought that was interesting because the top trim they earlier on the lot did not have the mirror.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Homelink mirror is an accessory option available for all models I think. I am not sure about the Telluride, but I don't think that mirror is standard for any models/trims

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
2023 Sportage SX Prestige AWD
5 Posts
I miss the Homelink mirror also. And the power folding mirrors. They would fold back when I locked my 2018 EX and it was great to just glance over to see it was locked.

I picked up my Sapphire Blue 2023 Sportage SX Prestige in mid-May. It replaced my 2018 that was attacked, unprovoked, and totally my a tree limb through the sunroof. o_O

• Wow

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I can see, it's likely that any homelink mirror for Kia can be fitted, but the issue is that there is no wiring harness going to the mirrors since the existing mirror is not powered.
So you can probably buy a Sorento mirror and put it on, but you'll need to find and tap some cables to power the remote and electrochromic feature

·
Registered
67 Posts
From what I can see, it's likely that any homelink mirror for Kia can be fitted, but the issue is that there is no wiring harness going to the mirrors since the existing mirror is not powered.
So you can probably buy a Sorento mirror and put it on, but you'll need to find and tap some cables to power the remote and electrochromic feature
Yes, the homelink mirror as well as the folding mirrors were a Covid casualty due to the chip shortage. If anyone ever confirms proper fitment of another mirror for the Sportage, I am certain there will be plenty of takers, especially if someone can offer up a suitable DIY electrical connector.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or just use a quick splice connector. That's what the install kit includes in the package anyway. (Yes, the factory installers use it too)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, the homelink mirror as well as the folding mirrors were a Covid casualty due to the chip shortage. If anyone ever confirms proper fitment of another mirror for the Sportage, I am certain there will be plenty of takers, especially if someone can offer up a suitable DIY electrical connector.
I'll at least try to find the install instructions for the mirror, so it can show the electrical diagram and stuff.

·
Registered
2023 Sportage SX Prestige AWD
5 Posts
So I was driving down the road last week on vacation when the panel above my mirror came loose and fell. That reminded me that I'd been meaning to take it down to see what's behind it anyway. It doesn't appear that there is any pre-wiring available. There are some access holes in the front of the headliner so wires can be ran through later. With the other comments above, it's looking like our only option is to buy aftermarket and pay the hefty installation fee. Pics attached. if there's anything specific that you'd like to see before I reattach the panel, let me know.
This panel on my 2023 has fallen down 4 times now. I "think" the heat on the windshield is causing the sticky back on those tiny Velcro strips to come loose. Any suggestions on how to fix? Besides taking to dealer for repair. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
This information was on the web, but maybe Kia left it out due to the chip shortage. And here I thought only Lays potato chips caused anxiety and weight gain.

"Few compact SUVs offer a longer list of standard features than the 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid. If you decide to buy the base LX, you’ll get 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights and taillights, LED daytime-running lights, walk-away auto lock, cloth upholstery, and dual-zone automatic climate control."

Nah, I know the component on the door that receives the smart key signal and Hyundai and Kia use common parts.
It's probably all software at this point.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts