Kia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Considering a 2023 Kia Sportage PHEV.
116 Posts
Basically, no carwash or harsh chemicals or hard brushes.
I never take my car through a car wash anyway. I always use the self wash places, so I guess I'm okay in that regard. No extra maintenance in my case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I placed a factory order for a 2023 Sportage SX with the Options homelink mirror and interior lighting. the Dealer summited the order and it was rejected by KIA stating those options aren't available even Thoe there listed as an option. The dealer called KIA north America to make sure and was told again you can not order with homelink and lighting and they dont know if and when it will be an option.

·
Registered
2013 Optima Hybrid. 2017 Niro LX. 2018 Optima SX Turbo. 2023 Sportage EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So I was driving down the road last week on vacation when the panel above my mirror came loose and fell. That reminded me that I'd been meaning to take it down to see what's behind it anyway. It doesn't appear that there is any pre-wiring available. There are some access holes in the front of the headliner so wires can be ran through later. With the other comments above, it's looking like our only option is to buy aftermarket and pay the hefty installation fee. Pics attached. if there's anything specific that you'd like to see before I reattach the panel, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the videos about the Sportage released today said that there was no Homelink/auto-dimming mirror even on the top of the line SX Prestige. My dealer confirmed it and said he hadn't seen any vehicle with them for months. He also couldn't order them for the SX Prestige I ordered. We speculated that it was because of some parts/chip shortage.

Nothing can be done.

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SXP
1 Posts
So I was driving down the road last week on vacation when the panel above my mirror came loose and fell. That reminded me that I'd been meaning to take it down to see what's behind it anyway. It doesn't appear that there is any pre-wiring available. There are some access holes in the front of the headliner so wires can be ran through later. With the other comments above, it's looking like our only option is to buy aftermarket and pay the hefty installation fee. Pics attached. if there's anything specific that you'd like to see before I reattach the panel, let me know.
Great pics, I'm sure one of those wire harnesses could be easily tapped for the power to do homelink/dimming when the part becomes available.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sportages assembled in Georgia USA will not have Homelink/autodim mirrors.
The only available options at the moment are Mudguards, Interior Lighting, and Tow Hitches/Harness.
Tow hitch (factory) is only available in 1 inch, and you'll need an adaptor if you want to use 2inch hitch

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
68 Posts
Sportages assembled in Georgia USA will not have Homelink/autodim mirrors.
The only available options at the moment are Mudguards, Interior Lighting, and Tow Hitches/Harness.
Tow hitch (factory) is only available in 1 inch, and you'll need an adaptor if you want to use 2inch hitch
That is ridiculous. That might be a deal breaker for me, if the Tucson has homelink.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great pics, I'm sure one of those wire harnesses could be easily tapped for the power to do homelink/dimming when the part becomes available.
The PIO kits either include a piggy back connectors or a wire splice/tap clips for installing the power that would go into the EC/Homelink mirror.

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
68 Posts
I'll post here when I hear anything. Nothing as of yet though.
My wife will miss adaptive cruise control, adaptive headlights, and the CD player from her Outback. I am hoping the hands free tailgate and heated steering wheel will offset those losses.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts