Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima Hybrid. 2017 Niro LX. 2018 Optima SX Turbo. 2023 Sportage EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a gorgeous Sapphire Blue '23 Sportage EX last week. The only interior options I really would like to have had from the higher priced trims are seat coolers and the Homelink mirror. These aren't available on the EX, or at least not the first allocations anyway. I'm not going to bother with the seat coolers, as I'm sure they are way too expensive to add. But the Homelink mirror could be in my price range. My questions are: Is the Sportage pre-wired for the Homelink mirror? And for those of you ho might have an SX/X-line with one... is it the same mirror model as the '22 Sportage (Homelink part # D9062-ADU00 )? Before you tell me to check for myself, my Sportage is actually dropped at the dealership for an appt next week while I'm out of town. So I won't have access to it until Apr 4.

Why is it in the shop already, you ask?? I met my mom for breakfast this past weekend, and we parked across from each other. She noticed when I left that my reverse lights didn't coming on when I was backing out. Nice! :-(

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2023 kia Sportage, EX
21 Posts
I picked up a gorgeous Sapphire Blue '23 Sportage EX last week. The only interior options I really would like to have had from the higher priced trims are seat coolers and the Homelink mirror. These aren't available on the EX, or at least not the first allocations anyway. I'm not going to bother with the seat coolers, as I'm sure they are way too expensive to add. But the Homelink mirror could be in my price range. My questions are: Is the Sportage pre-wired for the Homelink mirror? And for those of you ho might have an SX/X-line with one... is it the same mirror model as the '22 Sportage (Homelink part # D9062-ADU00 )? Before you tell me to check for myself, my Sportage is actually dropped at the dealership for an appt next week while I'm out of town. So I won't have access to it until Apr 4.

Why is it in the shop already, you ask?? I met my mom for breakfast this past weekend, and we parked across from each other. She noticed when I left that my reverse lights didn't coming on when I was backing out. Nice! :-(

Thanks for any info.
The sales man from the dealership i bought mine texted me last week that there was no part number for the homelink mirror yet. At least last week that was the status...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sales man from the dealership i bought mine texted me last week that there was no part number for the homelink mirror yet. At least last week that was the status...
'preciate the info. Please let me know if you hear anything else. :)

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Considering a 2023 Kia Sportage PHEV.
116 Posts
Does the Homelink mirror come with the dimming mirror as well?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: dalex7777

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, both features are on the same mirror.
I've yet to catch there is an option for a rear view mirror camera option. I assume it's not available from factory? Heard about this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've yet to catch there is an option for a rear view mirror camera option. I assume it's not available from factory? Heard about this?
I haven't, but it's not something I'd be interested in, so I haven't really been looking for it either.

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage SX Prestige
6 Posts

Thanks for any info.
I just got a 2023 SX Prestige it does not have the homelink mirror either

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well after today, I am VERY tempted to trade mine back in. Those of you who already have one, please weigh in on this.... As I mentioned in my original post, I dropped the car off at the dealership because the reverse lights were not working. I was out of town all last week, so I just went to pick it up today. The verdict...Apparently there really are no backup lights. The only light that comes on when you put it in reverse is the little light in the center of the back bumper, which shines downward to the ground. I saw that this light was coming on, but common sense would suggest that this isn't a reverse light, it's there to light the path for the backup camera. The white lights below the red brake lights on the back/sides of the car (where backup lights normally are) are only flashers/turn signals. They have white lenses, but the actual bulb is amber. Even the service writer was confused about this and commented at what a strange and poor design it is. She had the techs show her 2 other Sportages that were on the lot for comparison/proof. She couldn't believe it any more than I do.

I see this as a major design flaw and pretty big safety issue. If you're backing out of a parking space in a shopping center, the traffic coming down the aisle will not be able to see that one little light because it's in the middle of the bumper. Also, anyone close will not be able to see it because it's down low. And this issue was discovered by my mom who was parked behind me on the other side of the aisle facing the opposite direction. She said she didn't know I was backing out until she saw the car move. So obviously it can't be seen easily from that position either. Basically the only time anyone will see that light is if you're parked in an angled parking space on a one-way aisle. Thoughts??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well after today, I am VERY tempted to trade mine back in. Those of you who already have one, please weigh in on this.... As I mentioned in my original post, I dropped the car off at the dealership because the reverse lights were not working. I was out of town all last week, so I just went to pick it up today. The verdict...Apparently there really are no backup lights. The only light that comes on when you put it in reverse is the little light in the center of the back bumper, which shines downward to the ground. I saw that this light was coming on, but common sense would suggest that this isn't a reverse light, it's there to light the path for the backup camera. The white lights below the red brake lights on the back/sides of the car (where backup lights normally are) are only flashers/turn signals. They have white lenses, but the actual bulb is amber. Even the service writer was confused about this and commented at what a strange and poor design it is. She had the techs show her 2 other Sportages that were on the lot for comparison/proof. She couldn't believe it any more than I do.

I see this as a major design flaw and pretty big safety issue. If you're backing out of a parking space in a shopping center, the traffic coming down the aisle will not be able to see that one little light because it's in the middle of the bumper. Also, anyone close will not be able to see it because it's down low. And this issue was discovered by my mom who was parked behind me on the other side of the aisle facing the opposite direction. She said she didn't know I was backing out until she saw the car move. So obviously it can't be seen easily from that position either. Basically the only time anyone will see that light is if you're parked in an angled parking space on a one-way aisle. Thoughts??
Can you post a picture of what the car looks like backing up in the dark? Hard to find that online as the car is so new.

·
Registered
2023 kia Sportage, EX
21 Posts
Can you post a picture of what the car looks like backing up in the dark? Hard to find that online as the car is so new.
I have to say, what he said is true. There is a tiny light on the bumper. Right under the license plate. It's a trapezoid . That's the reverse light. My father in-law didn't see it when I asked him if i had reverse light. It's an odd design choice.

Hood Bumper Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have to say, what he said is true. There is a tiny light on the bumper. Right under the license plate. It's a trapezoid . That's the reverse light. My father in-law didn't see it when I asked him if i had reverse light. It's an odd design choice.

View attachment 123530
That picture doesn't help show how the light lights up the area behind the car. Can someone take a picture in the dark with the reverse light on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have mine with me. But the dark wouldn't be as big an issue as in daylight, as at least it would be lit up. I can't imagine you'll even notice it in daylight.

·
Registered
2023 kia Sportage, EX
21 Posts
The claim is that it doesn't light up enough to show what's behind the car at night. To be able to judge that we need to see it at night. Next to another vehicle with its reverse light on, side by side would be ideal.
This is my car in reverse. The light is very dim... You might actually see it better at night but probably not at all during the day, which is arguably worse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
...and not from the side at all.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts