Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX-P PHEV (Soon)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new plug-in is now live on Kia.com for US ordering.

I got my order in today for the SX-P w/panoramic sunroof. I really wish it was standard but my wife and I still feel the $1300 is money well spent. It looks to be a much larger one than the one in our X3.

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
2020 Sportage
7 Posts

I got my order in today for the SX-P w/panoramic sunroof. I really wish it was standard but my wife and I still feel the $1300 is money well spent. It looks to be a much larger one than the one in our X3.
Congratulations, can you Please confirm price paid and if there is a seven seat option?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
302 Posts
I'm still wondering about those horizontal LED tail lights from their communications. On Kia.com it seems they're vertical. I also noticed no 20" wheels on the SX-Prestige PHEV (19" instead) and it looks like chrome window trim and accents. Interesting...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, can you Please confirm price paid and if there is a seven seat option?
No seven seat option. Price looks to be $50575 + $379 dealer doc fee. Only dealership in my area not marking up prices.

Attachments

Reactions: j.doe

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
197 Posts
I priced one out just now with similar options as what I have. Came to 48k. I paid 37, so really another 11k for the plug in really isn't that bad. Especially with the added power, AWD, upgraded wheel n tire package, and I believe an extra tech feature here and there.

That's VERY competitive pricing IMO. Not that I regret my purchase whatsoever, but 48 isn't bad for that much car!

·
Registered
2020 Sportage
7 Posts
I priced one out just now with similar options as what I have. Came to 48k. I paid 37, so really another 11k for the plug in really isn't that bad. Especially with the added power, AWD, upgraded wheel n tire package, and I believe an extra tech feature here and there.

That's VERY competitive pricing IMO. Not that I regret my purchase whatsoever, but 48 isn't bad for that much car!
Wonder what the current and proposed USA rebates are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanna say it's still in the 6 grand range but I think it's also dependent on your total tax liability
Correct, the EV tax credit is $6587, but you do require a tax liability to receive the credit in full. I'll be moving some investments around to make things work in my case. It's just unfortunate that I'll have to wait until 2023 to receive the refund. The dealer quoted me 4-6 month wait so I'm not expecting it to arrive this year.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
197 Posts
Correct, the EV tax credit is $6587, but you do require a tax liability to receive the credit in full. I'll be moving some investments around to make things work in my case. It's just unfortunate that I'll have to wait until 2023 to receive the refund. The dealer quoted me 4-6 month wait so I'm not expecting it to arrive this year.
Doesn't even matter. $50k for that car, with all the bells and whistles, with that much safety tech, comfortable seating for 6, the pano sunny, that much power and AWD...it's a bargain.

I was anticipating it to approach 60k honestly.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage
7 Posts
Is it American made, by unions, this might get sweeter?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesn't even matter. $50k for that car, with all the bells and whistles, with that much safety tech, comfortable seating for 6, the pano sunny, that much power and AWD...it's a bargain.

I was anticipating it to approach 60k honestly.
I agree. The SX-P is absolutely loaded. The only thing it doesn't have is Heads up display. For some reason that didn't make the US market.

If you look at what these are going for in Europe and run the math it's North of $70k USD.
Is it American made, by unions, this might get sweeter?
Unfortunately the HEV and PHEV are made in Korea. I wish it were made in Georgia; I'd probably get it sooner!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
79 Posts

Nice! Just went to Kia.com, and I am really puzzled by their marketing; they seem to be touting some of their vehicles as off-road capable. Having had Jeeps in the past, I can say that these are not off-road capable in any sense of the phrase. What's worse is them showing Sorentos and Telurides off-roading with low-profile street tires. IMHO, not only does it look silly, but it may come back to bite them when they get vehicles coming back for repair that were used beyond their capabilities. All that said, I love my 2021 SX and love the idea of the hybrids. Just my $.02 observation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! Just went to Kia.com, and I am really puzzled by their marketing; they seem to be touting some of their vehicles as off-road capable. Having had Jeeps in the past, I can say that these are not off-road capable in any sense of the phrase. What's worse is them showing Sorentos and Telurides off-roading with low-profile street tires. IMHO, not only does it look silly, but it may come back to bite them when they get vehicles coming back for repair that were used beyond their capabilities. All that said, I love my 2021 SX and love the idea of the hybrids. Just my $.02 observation.
Agreed. I think they're trying to make the extra 1" ground clearance of the X-line seem more off-road capable than it really is.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
118 Posts
Top of the line SX Prestige...and you STILL have to add a Homelink mirror.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. Is that Navy Blue interior pack new and exclusive to the PHEV?
Yes, I believe so. The only interior color I've seen with the two-tone steering wheel.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
302 Posts
Yes, I believe so. The only interior color I've seen with the two-tone steering wheel.
Dear lawd, that blue interior is beautiful... and the steering wheel. It combines my dreams of having white, but making it better by not having to worry about my son's seat becoming a disaster zone by making them blue (still going to show more than black, but I'd deal). Man, I wish that was available across the board (and on the '21 when I got mine...).

Reactions: jpsurratt2005

·
Registered
2020 Sportage
7 Posts
Other countries get a phev seven seat option....bummer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts