Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige X-Line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Weird one here.

2022 Kia Sorrento sx prestige keeps beeping in the back trunk area while driving. Once it happened at 55 mph. Most of the time it seems to happen when I’m going around 5mph. It sounds exactly like the trunk opening beep. I don’t see any messages like “door open” or “seatbelt unbuckled”. Just the beeping. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
112 Posts

2022 Kia Sorrento sx prestige keeps beeping in the back trunk area while driving. Once it happened at 55 mph. Most of the time it seems to happen when I’m going around 5mph. It sounds exactly like the trunk opening beep. I don’t see any messages like “door open” or “seatbelt unbuckled”. Just the beeping. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
💥

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts

• Do you routinely use the lift gate?
If so; strange. If not, open and close it.
  • Do you have any covers or cargo trays or accessories?
  • Is it one beep or multiple?
  • Is it only while in motion?
  • Is it repeatable? Can you cause it to happen whenever your want?

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige X-Line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Do you routinely use the lift gate?
If so; strange. If not, open and close it.
  • Do you have any covers or cargo trays or accessories?
  • Is it one beep or multiple?
  • Is it only while in motion?
  • Is it repeatable? Can you cause it to happen whenever your want?
we do have the cargo cover that was an option at the dealer

It’s multiple beeps. Sounds like the lift gate beeps to warn you it’s opening. Same pitch and same cadence

It seems to be only while in motion so far. We stopped at a stoplight and didn’t hear any. As soon as we moved, it started again. Once we hit 25 mph, it stopped

So far today it hasn’t happened. Yesterday we had luggage in the back so idk if it’s related to that. Is there a sensor that beeps when something is pushing against the trunk?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts
we do have the cargo cover that was an option at the dealer

It’s multiple beeps. Sounds like the lift gate beeps to warn you it’s opening. Same pitch and same cadence

It seems to be only while in motion so far. We stopped at a stoplight and didn’t hear any. As soon as we moved, it started again. Once we hit 25 mph, it stopped

So far today it hasn’t happened. Yesterday we had luggage in the back so idk if it’s related to that. Is there a sensor that beeps when something is pushing against the trunk?
Sounds like a bad sensor or signal. Take it in. It may cause emergency systems to engage while driving (like automatic braking).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts