Kia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to see if I could find info on the 2022 Sorento. I actually couldn't find anything with a typical google search, so I went to the source: Kia Korea

I hadn't seen much on this on our forum so I figured I'd do the leg work for everyone.
I know I'll be watching the OEM parts sites for that grille and wheel center caps! Too bad our current rear emblems are molded in ovals.Not a fan of the optional 20" wheels, but I do like the silver cousin of the current black 20s.

1626293426429.png 1626293473997.png 1626293501703.png 1626293705786.png 1626293737473.png 1626293779488.png 1626293968537.png 1626294037313.png

Reactions: JstGo

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im in the minority. I prefer the old logo. but i love that dual tone steering wheel.
Don't worry, the dual-tone steering wheel will, conveniently, only come on the S model 🤣(This is just a joke, I have no idea)

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
105 Posts
Don't worry, the dual-tone steering wheel will, conveniently, only come on the S model 🤣(This is just a joke, I have no idea)
If we even get that option state side, I assume it's an interior appearance package only available on SX Prestige or something. Similar to the brown interior.

speaking of steering wheels though, I love the feel of it but I can't help but wonder how long until it deteriorates to total crap. It's gonna split and start spitting fibers out like it's 1985

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If we even get that option state side, I assume it's an interior appearance package only available on SX Prestige or something. Similar to the brown interior.

speaking of steering wheels though, I love the feel of it but I can't help but wonder how long until it deteriorates to total crap. It's gonna split and start spitting fibers out like it's 1985
Same here, I get so nervous when it feels like my fingernail scratches the surface while turning or doing something. It's not scratching, but it's so soft and hard at the same time it's a strange anxiety creator. Fuzzy steering wheel wraps here we come!

I also hate looking at the Korean site because it shows the LED interior kit... This I want to retrofit.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
105 Posts
Same here, I get so nervous when it feels like my fingernail scratches the surface while turning or doing something. It's not scratching, but it's so soft and hard at the same time it's a strange anxiety creator. Fuzzy steering wheel wraps here we come!

I also hate looking at the Korean site because it shows the LED interior kit... This I want to retrofit.
I think there are aftermarket solutions for the LED kit that are cheaper and provider better light coverage. Saw a guy flaunting it on Facebook recently.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
121 Posts

it’s pretty thin skinned. I already have punctures on mine from when I slid past it with the teeth of my key in the most unfortunate position. So now I feel these jagged edged every damn time.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Those silver 20’s are the visual embodiment of chefs kiss. Exactly what I’ve been looking for.
They don't have a silver paint option on the KDM site. Notice the chrome trim, however. It seems they have a Gravity (Nightfall) package that changes it all to the black we're used to.

1626362344865.png 1626362376171.png 1626362391240.png 1626362405283.png 1626362416180.png

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another aggravating option, that may make it to the US market. (The wording is a Korean translation btw)

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
105 Posts
Another aggravating option, that may make it to the US market. (The wording is a Korean translation btw)
View attachment 119905 View attachment 119908
seriously how the hell do they not have the Auto Unlock feature into the key fob? My basic crappy 2012 Dodge even had it (literally the ONLY feature it had) so that if key was in my pocket and i touched the door, it popped open.

The Kia is close, but no cigar. I’ve figured out that i can hit the button on the door handle to lock/unlock. There are a lot of weird quirks with the locks in general on this car

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line, Aruba Green, Rust Interior
30 Posts
seriously how the hell do they not have the Auto Unlock feature into the key fob? My basic crappy 2012 Dodge even had it (literally the ONLY feature it had) so that if key was in my pocket and i touched the door, it popped open.

The Kia is close, but no cigar. I’ve figured out that i can hit the button on the door handle to lock/unlock. There are a lot of weird quirks with the locks in general on this car
Agreed, it's weird that proximity/touch door unlock hasn't become more standard. My 2012 Dodge Charger and my parents 2014 Dodge Journey have it. Yet the Sorento, my parents 2018 Acadia (Denali) and my wife's 2015 Outback all have some sort of push-button unlock.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed, it's weird that proximity/touch door unlock hasn't become more standard. My 2012 Dodge Charger and my parents 2014 Dodge Journey have it. Yet the Sorento, my parents 2018 Acadia (Denali) and my wife's 2015 Outback all have some sort of push-button unlock.
My parent's 2015 CX-5 has proximity locks that auto-lock when you walk away and unlock on approach. This is what I want! I hate that I have to press the button on the handle or keyfob to still manually lock the car. The tailgate button is nice also, but should still be a proximity lock. I'm still determining if I even like the smart tailgate function as it beeps when I'm walking behind my car in the garage. Kind of annoying.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
121 Posts
the smart tailgate function is probably the only thing I like about the whole lock/unlock mechanism of the car. I too am puzzled as to why it doesn’t have proximity unlock/lock - I have a 2018 Acura that has it.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
49 Posts
Tried to see if I could find info on the 2022 Sorento. I actually couldn't find anything with a typical google search, so I went to the source: Kia Korea

I hadn't seen much on this on our forum so I figured I'd do the leg work for everyone.
I know I'll be watching the OEM parts sites for that grille and wheel center caps! Too bad our current rear emblems are molded in ovals.Not a fan of the optional 20" wheels, but I do like the silver cousin of the current black 20s.

View attachment 119876 View attachment 119878 View attachment 119879 View attachment 119880 View attachment 119881 View attachment 119882 View attachment 119883 View attachment 119884
You can buy the silver wheels.
I think the black wheels are about $350 dollats.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the smart tailgate function is probably the only thing I like about the whole lock/unlock mechanism of the car. I too am puzzled as to why it doesn’t have proximity unlock/lock - I have a 2018 Acura that has it.
Why didn’t they incorporate the proximity to unlock/lock the whole vehicle though!

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can buy the silver wheels.
I think the black wheels are about $350 dollats.
Links or it didn’t happen…

Where though? I don’t want them, but it may get me closer to that grille.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts