Kia Forum banner

2022 Kia Sorento Dynamic Theme

25K views 123 replies 28 participants last post by  Sloop John 
#1 ·
I just got a 2022 Kia Sorento and I set it to Theme D, Dynamic Theme. I noticed it is stuck only on night. It doesn’t change to day or sunset as advertised. When it rains, it does show rain and thunderclouds but still in night mode even though it’s daytime. Anyone else having this issue?

#3 ·
I don’t have dynamic theme, but my SCC (showing the distance from the car in front) screen in my SX changes from day to night, when in comfort. Not sure what controls it (time of day I would hope), but very minimal on the non-supervisors dash.

#4 ·
I noticed the exact same thing. I set mine to the nice landscape scene - Theme D - and mine is stuck on just a sunset looking scene all the time.
DXB - KGC and I, both have 2022s and I'd imagine they are quite fresh from the facory - I got mine 4 days ago a day after it rolled off the truck.
I'll check for an update but I'd be very suprised if there was one.

#5 ·
Regardless of the car’s manufacture date, I’m guessing the head units were probably set up en masse in advance because my car’s manufacture date is later than the update I installed.

Maybe it’s something else for you but in any case software update is the first thing you should check. Next would be to go to the dealership where they will probably first try a quick reset. If it doesn’t work, they might try a hard reset.

FWIW, I hate the dynamic theme. The novelty wore off after a couple days. I much prefer the normal Theme A - looks clean and neat like a Mercedes.

#9 ·
I'm thinking about a complete software reset if there is such a thing. :)
Delete all profiles and all settings - back to factory.
I don't have that much in there anyway.

#10 ·
The dealerships can either do a quick soft reset (slightly more than a “restore factory settings” but not quite a hard reset) or a hard reset for which they need several hours.

When I went with a complaint about speed limit display and dynamic theme being stuck they did both soft and hard resets and it didn’t have any effect on any of my problems.

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
I have the UVO subscription that was gifted with the car (one year), but am in the same boat. Single scene on the dynamic theme only. Haven't tried updating to see if it fixes the issue. Not sure I care that much. I only prefer the dynamic theme for the digital readouts as opposed to "analog" dials. TBH, I'm surprised at the lack of customization options on a fully digital dash.

#16 ·
I tried deleting my UVO account on my phone and car and re-linking them. Same issue. I tried removing my negative battery connetion for about 10 min - no luck. Ugh!

I just went on Instagram to KiaUSA and left a comment on one of their Sorento posts that they seem to be responding to. I asked about the issue and if someone could contact me about this. The dealership said they could look at it - first available appointment is in November... There has to be an easy fix.

#20 ·
Kia added a new software download to their navigation update website. I downloaded it and updated the software in both my 2021 Telluride and 2022 Sorento, and it's actually more buggy now than it was before, though it's to the entertainment software, not the dynamic theme. The dynamic scene didn't change much at all. Hopefully there will be fix to their fix coming soon.

#21 ·
They did add a new "dark" background for navigation, though. It has the black background that was previously only on at night, and it allows it to be used for the map background 24 hours a day.

#23 ·
Well, Kia was unable to fix the static “dynamic theme” at this time. The dealership is working with Kia to figure out the fix. Please, if you have this issue, take it to the dealer so they know about it and will hopefully demand a solution from Kia. Thank you.

#25 ·
Question: Was everything working OK until you selected the Dynamic Theme mode and now it won't go back to normal?

#28 ·
I get rain on the dash theme when it rains, and two versions of sunny days -one with round cumulus clouds, one with a few thin, wispy clouds and mostly blue sky- and there is a difference between daytime and dusk, but it never gets to full nighttime. For nighttime it just shows a darker blue sky with stars in it, but it always looks like the sun is in the distance below the horizon no matter if it's 7 at night or 3 in the morning. I've yet to go to the mountains to see if it shows snow, but will do so soon and let you all know.

#29 ·
Mine is always looking like night or dusk - oddly enough if it rains - I see rain drops on the dusk theme. Never a sunny theme, always gloomy... If it were stuck on a sunny day - it wouldn't be so bad. :)

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think the dealership will have to fix the Dynamic Theme issue. I’ll ask the Kia mechanic what they did to fix it.
I just picked mine up from service at the dealer for the stuck in twilight theme d issue. They were back and forth with Kia tech support. They said when I picked up that Kia's aware of the issue but they don't have a fix yet. Something about incompatibility between uvo and software. Seems to be the 22s that are having issue. If you're having the same problem, please call service at your dealer and make them aware that you're also having issue on your Sorento.

#33 ·
I have a 2022 PHEV and love the dynamic theme. So far mine is changing throughout the day - love the dusk scene. But I haven’t noticed any weather animations yet. I’m afraid to see about an update now for fear it will quit working.

Are firmware updates something I can download and install myself or does the dealer have to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 ·
I have a 2022 PHEV and love the dynamic theme. So far mine is changing throughout the day - love the dusk scene. But I haven’t noticed any weather animations yet. I’m afraid to see about an update now for fear it will quit working.

Are firmware updates something I can download and install myself or does the dealer have to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can perform them yourself.

Search for the thread discussing this at the top of your page.

#41 ·
bought my sorento in April '21 and my dynamic screen worked perfectly, even with rain drops. this week i updated the software (nov 30 edition) and now my display is backwards (day is night, night is day) and no more rain drops.

gonna connect my USB stick with a new downloaded version and see if it may have missed something. if not, i will also let the dealer know the issue when I take it in for a brake light problem I am having.

#43 ·
Crazy - mine is stuck in a dusk mode but rain and snow show up on the screen. The snow is pretty cool.

Atmosphere Font Astronomical object Sky Science

I think the dash warning symbols means it's slick and slippery you can have an accident and cruise control wont work.

Reactions: Jabjong
#44 ·
Awwww man!!! I never got to experience the snow with mine. Damn! That does look cool 😎

Also, mine is still not working properly. We'll see if any new updates fix it, or somehow it corrects itself, cause noone knows what it's linked too. (Kia connect app, doppler, date and time, whether.....etc) who knows.

#46 ·
I'm getting mine serviced on Feb 8th. I'm going to see if they have a solution yet to the Theme stuck issue. They have seen it once already for this issue. Also getting tire rotation and an oil change all for $60.00 with coupon... and supposedly a full vehicle lookover... I wonder if this actually happens...

#47 ·
Wanted to chime in. I have the same issue on my 2022 X-Line. I have tried pulling the negative battery terminal for 10 mins to no avail. Going to try doing a full reset and new UVO account creation tomorrow to see if that does it but not hopeful. I have our 8k service this week and am going to get the dealership to look at it. Until then following this thread with anticipation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.