Kia Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Kia Sorento X-Line SXP
2 Posts
I purchased my Kia in March it’s been stuck in dusk since purchasing. I honestly didn’t know the dynamic screen could switch till reading this forum. I anxiously bought a usb 3.0 flash drive to do download myself only to find the Kia navigation website is down till the 12th for maintenance. My question is for those that did successfully get the download while it was available. Are you noticing issues since updating your vehicle navigation with the April update? Do the dealerships get upset when we update our vehicles ourselves? The dusk is depressing I’ll be honest, my car is working perfectly outside that small detail though. My fear would be downloading the update into my vehicle without dealership help and it possibly voiding some part of my warranty and causing my otherwise perfectly working car to become buggy.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
I purchased my Kia in March it’s been stuck in dusk since purchasing. I honestly didn’t know the dynamic screen could switch till reading this forum. I anxiously bought a usb 3.0 flash drive to do download myself only to find the Kia navigation website is down till the 12th for maintenance. My question is for those that did successfully get the download while it was available. Are you noticing issues since updating your vehicle navigation with the April update? Do the dealerships get upset when we update our vehicles ourselves? The dusk is depressing I’ll be honest, my car is working perfectly outside that small detail though. My fear would be downloading the update into my vehicle without dealership help and it possibly voiding some part of my warranty and causing my otherwise perfectly working car to become buggy.
These are meant to be user updatable. KIA even provides instructions on how to do this yourself, so no concern about voiding a warranty item, an d no worries about the dealer. You can it all yourself with a USB drive and a PC or Mac.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
84 Posts
No worries about voiding a warranty with the update but be sure to leave the USB flash drive inserted until it completes. So to answer your other question - bought mine in October and had no issues UNTIL I updated with the latest version. Ironically, now mine is stuck in dusk mode. Still get rain drops but it’s always dusk in my car now….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
I felt the same way - the depressing night scene on the dash... mine was stuck there for months. This update fixed mine and I haven't noticed any glitches. Jabjong seems to have gotten the glitch from the update. Weird! Maybey they are retooling the update to address these weird little quirks. I may update mine to the latest version if the version is any different. Here's my system info after the update a week ago.

World Font Gadget Communication Device Flat panel display

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
The new update is now available. I'm downloading it now but won't have time to install until later today. Looking forward to it working!😄

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-line AWD
27 Posts
The new update is now available. I'm downloading it now but won't have time to install until later today. Looking forward to it working!😄
Just downloaded the update earlier today, when a couple days ago it said it was unavailable for my 2022 Sorento. Just got done the update. took about 45 minutes.

Dynamic theme is fixed! Correct time of day and weather displayed now, when it was only showing night time for me before.

Android auto is now full screen.( have to go into settings and uncheck enable split screen) It still doesn't display the map fully across the screen but it allows the map to use two-thirds of the screen and another app on the Android Auto using the other 1/3, which is larger than what it could do before. Depending on how you look at it though somewhat of a misnomer to be called "full screen". CarPlay is apparently full screen now, but I haven't tested it with my wife's iphone yet

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll be flashing mine again since the version is slightly higher. 220504 vs 220419.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So I just reflashed by system to the latest version and I noticed something cool... On the previous version - flashed a week or so ago - you couldn't turn the vehicle off while flashing - now you can - It says you can do it now or later while vehicle is off... As long as it has sufficient battery power - it will flash with the car off... This is great! ...But you will need to have already upgraded to the April 2022 version to do this. So the next update will be a snap. I don't see any difference between this version and the one from a week or so ago. Probably just bug fixes.

Reactions: stevies3
81 - 93 of 93 Posts