Kia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem with my 2022 K5 GT. Never worked. Have gone to the dealer, talked to UVO, done a recent software update and nothing.

If anyone manages to find a solution please share.
Wow! So not model specific. You’d think Kia had found the issue and know how to fix it.

·
Registered
KIA K5 GT
3 Posts
Yes, it looks like it. I kept trying to see if it was an issue specific to my car but good to know it is not. I was starting to feel like I am the only one that has this issue and started to feel crazy!

I have been on Kia for months to fix it! I love my car but they have not be taking ownership of the issue and it has been extremely frustrating! I hope someone here ends up finding what the problem is so it can be fixed. It looks like most are 2022 models with the problem?

FYI I also did the upgrade on the software in December and nothing changed. I get the default screen.

·
Registered
KIA K5 GT
3 Posts
If you pay for something you should get it. I am ashamed to say the Digital Cluster and the Dynamic themes did entice me big time (also the car is quite fast :p ) and even though they do not affect the performance of the car, it is annoying if it does not work as it is advertised!

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you pay for something you should get it. I am ashamed to say the Digital Cluster and the Dynamic themes did entice me big time (also the car is quite fast :p ) and even though they do not affect the performance of the car, it is annoying if it does not work as it is advertised!
I feel the same way - I like the digital speed readout - and I like the dynamic theme - but it's stuck in a gloomy place... It'd be different if it were stuck in a sunny setting. LOL!
Also - do you get rain drops and snow on the cluster? Mine does - so that part works - just the basic background never changes from the twilight looking scene.

BTW - Our 2.5T Sorento's are also quite fast... :)

Reactions: Jabjong

·
Registered
2022 Sorrento SXP
2 Posts
It’s office the new update fixed the day/night switch and the stuck dusk issue on the digital cluster dynamic theme. Sounds crazy but this was one of the main reason I bought the car in the first place. I was super bummed it didn’t work. After contacting the dealership, UVO, and Nova with no help. I was finally able to get it to work using a 3.0 flash drive and a lot of patience. Too bad it’s raining but seeing clouds and rain, it not being dusk I was more than happy and finally feel like I have a new car.

I recommend using a Windows PC computer it takes about an hour to download to the flash drive from the computer then about 45 minutes to an hour to download into the car also recommend leaving car running.

·
Registered
2021 sorento SX gravity grey w. Burgundy
38 Posts
It’s office the new update fixed the day/night switch and the stuck dusk issue on the digital cluster dynamic theme. Sounds crazy but this was one of the main reason I bought the car in the first place. I was super bummed it didn’t work. After contacting the dealership, UVO, and Nova with no help. I was finally able to get it to work using a 3.0 flash drive and a lot of patience. Too bad it’s raining but seeing clouds and rain, it not being dusk I was more than happy and finally feel like I have a new car.

I recommend using a Windows PC computer it takes about an hour to download to the flash drive from the computer then about 45 minutes to an hour to download into the car also recommend leaving car running.
Agree! Nice to have it back. I also made sure no phones were connected (bluetooth or cables) when doing the update and also left the cluster on "drive mode" setting and not Dynamic. Not sure if it helped, but it doesn't hurt to try. Lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm doing the Navigation update now... Fingers crossed! Any other cool stuff with the update?

·
Registered
343 Posts
WHOOP WHOOP! Dynamic Theme is FIXED! Way to go Kia! Finally! Now my Sorento is perfect! :) (knock on wood)
For me - It took about 75 minutes to install completely.
I just did a leisurely drive and was getting about 31MPG doing it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Agree! Nice to have it back. I also made sure no phones were connected (bluetooth or cables) when doing the update and also left the cluster on "drive mode" setting and not Dynamic. Not sure if it helped, but it doesn't hurt to try. Lol
Mine was on Dynamic during the update - and it worked. My theme just changed at about the one hour mark in the install.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It took away the nixie tubes on the radio. I kinda liked that... Oh well - you can't have everything. :)

Reactions: stevies3

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Wolf Grey SXP Sorento
4 Posts
Thats the one i did. Selected 2022 Sorento and then it said no update available 🥺 even registered for a account and put in my vin and still had the same message. I know kia had issues this morning with the app and site. Maybe the update site is down also.. So bummed i ran out bought a usb and was super excited to finally get my cluster to work properly.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
Thats the one i did. Selected 2022 Sorento and then it said no update available 🥺 even registered for a account and put in my vin and still had the same message. I know kia had issues this morning with the app and site. Maybe the update site is down also.. So bummed i ran out bought a usb and was super excited to finally get my cluster to work properly.
Same here. I note that on the main KIA-Hyundai map site it mentions May 10 for new updates, so maybe they pulled this version to do some bug fixes. I'll check again on the 10th.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
From Kia when I asked why the updater says no software is available for my updates: "currently the Navigation Updater is down for server maintenance. It should be up after May 12th to download the map and software updates." Awfully long maintenance cycle, if you ask me. Hmmmm.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts