Kia Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line
7 Posts
Kia added a new software download to their navigation update website. I downloaded it and updated the software in both my 2021 Telluride and 2022 Sorento, and it's actually more buggy now than it was before, though it's to the entertainment software, not the dynamic theme. The dynamic scene didn't change much at all. Hopefully there will be fix to their fix coming soon.
They did add a new "dark" background for navigation, though. It has the black background that was previously only on at night, and it allows it to be used for the map background 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts
I don’t have dynamic theme, but my SCC (showing the distance from the car in front) screen in my SX changes from day to night, when in comfort. Not sure what controls it (time of day I would hope), but very minimal on the non-supervisors dash.
I was completely wrong here and was mistaken. The non full lcd cars’ screen colors change due to the drive mode. My bad. Noticed this yesterday when I flipped to sport mode and it turned red.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
197 Posts
Well, Kia was unable to fix the static “dynamic theme” at this time. The dealership is working with Kia to figure out the fix. Please, if you have this issue, take it to the dealer so they know about it and will hopefully demand a solution from Kia. Thank you.

·
Registered
Spicy Red 2012 Optima SX + GWP 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
17 Posts
Well, Kia was unable to fix the static “dynamic theme” at this time. The dealership is working with Kia to figure out the fix. Please, if you have this issue, take it to the dealer so they know about it and will hopefully demand a solution from Kia. Thank you.
Question: Was everything working OK until you selected the Dynamic Theme mode and now it won't go back to normal?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Question: Was everything working OK until you selected the Dynamic Theme mode and now it won't go back to normal?
No - As I remember it I set it to dynamic and it was a sunny picture - that night it rained and it got stuck in "dusk" mode. I still see rain drops when it rains though. Very strange.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line
7 Posts
I get rain on the dash theme when it rains, and two versions of sunny days -one with round cumulus clouds, one with a few thin, wispy clouds and mostly blue sky- and there is a difference between daytime and dusk, but it never gets to full nighttime. For nighttime it just shows a darker blue sky with stars in it, but it always looks like the sun is in the distance below the horizon no matter if it's 7 at night or 3 in the morning. I've yet to go to the mountains to see if it shows snow, but will do so soon and let you all know.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get rain on the dash theme when it rains, and two versions of sunny days -one with round cumulus clouds, one with a few thin, wispy clouds and mostly blue sky- and there is a difference between daytime and dusk, but it never gets to full nighttime. For nighttime it just shows a darker blue sky with stars in it, but it always looks like the sun is in the distance below the horizon no matter if it's 7 at night or 3 in the morning. I've yet to go to the mountains to see if it shows snow, but will do so soon and let you all know.
Mine is always looking like night or dusk - oddly enough if it rains - I see rain drops on the dusk theme. Never a sunny theme, always gloomy... If it were stuck on a sunny day - it wouldn't be so bad. :)

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SXP X-line - Aruba Green/Rust Leather
3 Posts
I just got a 2022 Kia Sorento and I set it to Theme D, Dynamic Theme. I noticed it is stuck only on night. It doesn’t change to day or sunset as advertised. When it rains, it does show rain and thunderclouds but still in night mode even though it’s daytime. Anyone else having this issue?
I think the dealership will have to fix the Dynamic Theme issue. I’ll ask the Kia mechanic what they did to fix it.
I just picked mine up from service at the dealer for the stuck in twilight theme d issue. They were back and forth with Kia tech support. They said when I picked up that Kia's aware of the issue but they don't have a fix yet. Something about incompatibility between uvo and software. Seems to be the 22s that are having issue. If you're having the same problem, please call service at your dealer and make them aware that you're also having issue on your Sorento.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
13 Posts
I have a 2022 PHEV and love the dynamic theme. So far mine is changing throughout the day - love the dusk scene. But I haven’t noticed any weather animations yet. I’m afraid to see about an update now for fear it will quit working.

Are firmware updates something I can download and install myself or does the dealer have to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts
I have a 2022 PHEV and love the dynamic theme. So far mine is changing throughout the day - love the dusk scene. But I haven’t noticed any weather animations yet. I’m afraid to see about an update now for fear it will quit working.

Are firmware updates something I can download and install myself or does the dealer have to do it?

You can perform them yourself.

Search for the thread discussing this at the top of your page.

·
Registered
197 Posts

I did the firmware update and it didn't help if you have the Dynamic Theme issue.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts