Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige FWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2022 Kia Sorento and I set it to Theme D, Dynamic Theme. I noticed it is stuck only on night. It doesn’t change to day or sunset as advertised. When it rains, it does show rain and thunderclouds but still in night mode even though it’s daytime. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 3.5L AWD EX (GCC Spec), 7 seater
51 Posts
Did you update the software/navigation? That worked for me.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
471 Posts
I don’t have dynamic theme, but my SCC (showing the distance from the car in front) screen in my SX changes from day to night, when in comfort. Not sure what controls it (time of day I would hope), but very minimal on the non-supervisors dash.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
197 Posts
I just got a 2022 Kia Sorento and I set it to Theme D, Dynamic Theme. I noticed it is stuck only on night. It doesn’t change to day or sunset as advertised. When it rains, it does show rain and thunderclouds but still in night mode even though it’s daytime. Anyone else having this issue?
I noticed the exact same thing. I set mine to the nice landscape scene - Theme D - and mine is stuck on just a sunset looking scene all the time.
DXB - KGC and I, both have 2022s and I'd imagine they are quite fresh from the facory - I got mine 4 days ago a day after it rolled off the truck.
I'll check for an update but I'd be very suprised if there was one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I noticed the exact same thing. I set mine to the nice landscape scene - Theme D - and mine is stuck on just a sunset looking scene all the time.
DXB - KGC and I, both have 2022s and I'd imagine they are quite fresh from the facory - I got mine 4 days ago a day after it rolled off the truck.
I'll check for an update but I'd be very suprised if there was one.
Regardless of the car’s manufacture date, I’m guessing the head units were probably set up en masse in advance because my car’s manufacture date is later than the update I installed.

Maybe it’s something else for you but in any case software update is the first thing you should check. Next would be to go to the dealership where they will probably first try a quick reset. If it doesn’t work, they might try a hard reset.

FWIW, I hate the dynamic theme. The novelty wore off after a couple days. I much prefer the normal Theme A - looks clean and neat like a Mercedes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Regardless of the car’s manufacture date, I’m guessing the head units were probably set up en masse in advance because my car’s manufacture date is later than the update I installed.

Maybe it’s something else for you but in any case software update is the first thing you should check. Next would be to go to the dealership where they will probably first try a quick reset. If it doesn’t work, they might try a hard reset.

FWIW, I hate the dynamic theme. The novelty wore off after a couple days. I much prefer the normal Theme A - looks clean and neat like a Mercedes.
I checked the Kia Navigation Update software and our version is newer. They have the April 2021 Update and I checked the software version and ours isn't listed as compatible with an upgrade. So we wait for now. Hopefully they will have it available for us soon.

Kia Navigation Update

List of Eligible Vehicles Available to Download

Looks like the wide screens are:

Standard Class Gen 5W.
My specific info:
Model is MQ4BS.S5BMC.US
Software is MQ4_22.USA.S5W_M.V001.001.210610
Firmware is MQ4_22.USA.301.210524.MICOM.D

Good info for cutting and pasting later. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mate,

I am having the exact same issue here in Australia with 2021 kia sorento, the theme is stuck at night, took it to the dealership and they didn't have a clue on what's causing it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking about a complete software reset if there is such a thing. :)
Delete all profiles and all settings - back to factory.
I don't have that much in there anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm thinking about a complete software reset if there is such a thing. :)
Delete all profiles and all settings - back to factory.
I don't have that much in there anyway.
The dealerships can either do a quick soft reset (slightly more than a “restore factory settings” but not quite a hard reset) or a hard reset for which they need several hours.

When I went with a complaint about speed limit display and dynamic theme being stuck they did both soft and hard resets and it didn’t have any effect on any of my problems.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just switched to this mode and was disappointed that it always looks like night....
Well it’s supposed to change to match the time and weather. It would be cool if it worked.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does everyone have a proper UVO subscription?
Yes - My UVO is linked and working. I can remotely lock my doors and such - even get a 360 surround snapshot anytime... I did a system reset last night. Still no joy. I'm sure there is a complete reset. I thought about disconnecting the battery overnight. I wonder if they have a little hidden battery somewhere to keep settings in tact... Hmm.. Anyone know? Also the dealership should be able to do a hard reset.

·
Registered
2022 SXP X-Line
36 Posts
I have the UVO subscription that was gifted with the car (one year), but am in the same boat. Single scene on the dynamic theme only. Haven't tried updating to see if it fixes the issue. Not sure I care that much. I only prefer the dynamic theme for the digital readouts as opposed to "analog" dials. TBH, I'm surprised at the lack of customization options on a fully digital dash.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I tried deleting my UVO account on my phone and car and re-linking them. Same issue. I tried removing my negative battery connetion for about 10 min - no luck. Ugh!

I just went on Instagram to KiaUSA and left a comment on one of their Sorento posts that they seem to be responding to. I asked about the issue and if someone could contact me about this. The dealership said they could look at it - first available appointment is in November... There has to be an easy fix.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line
7 Posts
I have the same issue. Called Kia UVO support and they said this is a known issue, and that a fix will be rolled out late in October, or early November. I keep checking the nav update pages and nothing new so far.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the same issue. Called Kia UVO support and they said this is a known issue, and that a fix will be rolled out late in October, or early November. I keep checking the nav update pages and nothing new so far.
That’s good news! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the dealership will have to fix the Dynamic Theme issue. I’ll ask the Kia mechanic what they did to fix it.

Reactions: LoDe

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line
7 Posts
Kia added a new software download to their navigation update website. I downloaded it and updated the software in both my 2021 Telluride and 2022 Sorento, and it's actually more buggy now than it was before, though it's to the entertainment software, not the dynamic theme. The dynamic scene didn't change much at all. Hopefully there will be fix to their fix coming soon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts