Kia Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
116 Posts
They added features the 2021 model should have had to begin with.
...which many of us pointed out on this forum. You always had the choice to wait. You had to have that exterior, didn't you? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
116 Posts
You pointed out that they would inevitably add these features to the next year end model?
No one could have said with certainty that later models would add back features. All we could say with certainty at the time was that the new '21s de-contented significantly. There is precedent in car world for the 2nd and 3rd years of a model to add additional features. I personally am not a fan of buying ANY car in its first year of production.

·
Registered
2008 rondo,gone , 2001 olds aurora gone, 2014 Sorento EX awaiting delivery, Finally delivered!
82 Posts
But what if you don't want the window in the roof? Another interior trim colour than black? a 6 cyl? Still love my 2014 EX and will be keeping it a bit longer...its not the cost ...its just that for the money you should have more say in what you are buying!

·
Registered
2021 SX Prestige X-Line
78 Posts
But what if you don't want the window in the roof? Another interior trim colour than black? a 6 cyl? Still love my 2014 EX and will be keeping it a bit longer...its not the cost ...its just that for the money you should have more say in what you are buying!
That’s the problem with buying any vehicle from any manufacturer these days. The way they package things always limits something

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
No one could have said with certainty that later models would add back features. All we could say with certainty at the time was that the new '21s de-contented significantly. There is precedent in car world for the 2nd and 3rd years of a model to add additional features. I personally am not a fan of buying ANY car in its first year of production.
My 64 Chevelle SS, and I, disagree with this entirely

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
Touche. Though I seriously doubt that people will covet the 2021 Sorento in 2076 the way they covet a 1964 Chevelle SS in 2021. :)
55 years ago people were probably singing a similar tune.

I do agree though lol and I get your point about the first year cars. It's one of the reasons I was looking at Durangos, Ascents, Pilots, etc...ultimately the Sorento just kept proving to be the very obvious winner.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
116 Posts
55 years ago people were probably singing a similar tune.

I do agree though lol and I get your point about the first year cars. It's one of the reasons I was looking at Durangos, Ascents, Pilots, etc...ultimately the Sorento just kept proving to be the very obvious winner.
Well, 55 years ago most people couldn't conceive of any car being anywhere but in the scrapyard after 55+ years. Car warranties were one year/12,000 miles. "Planned obsolescence." GM/Ford/Chrysler made cars that would work only for a few years because they wanted you getting new all the time.

In 2021, you can much more reasonably assume a car will last for 20+ years. But even now, you'd really be babying a car to get it to the 55-year mark.

If you absolutely must have the third row, Sorento remains a good play. The '22s even more so, since they're putting back (most of) what they de-contented from the '21s. Wondering if they'll try to sell the PHEV Sorento...with a prop rod for the hood. SMH.

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
not if it’s a weeks pay to fill the tank. Time will tell i suppose.
55 years from now any internal combustion car will be coveted.
I'm sure supercars will be... but seeing as oil/gas is a finite resource, TD Charlie is right that it will cost a lot more. You'll probably buy it in gallon jugs and not at the pump. Gas pumps will go the way of the pager... out dated. Solar and wind and electric cars will be everywhere as well as maglev trains instead of planes. Geothermal will also make a huge impact on enegy use.

Just my little forecast for the 55 year future. I'll be 108 years old. :)

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
I'm sure supercars will be... but seeing as oil/gas is a finite resource, TD Charlie is right that it will cost a lot more. You'll probably buy it in gallon jugs and not at the pump. Gas pumps will go the way of the pager... out dated. Solar and wind and electric cars will be everywhere as well as maglev trains instead of planes. Geothermal will also make a huge impact on enegy use.

Just my little forecast for the 55 year future. I'll be 108 years old
I still carry a pager! I used my fathers pager when I was in high school because I had to work when the Bruins played the Canadiens in the playoffs. This was before everybody had a cell phone. I asked him to page me with the scores "Monreal first...then Boston...then the period." So I would be stocking shelves and get a beep, look down and see "211" Which meant Boston was losing 2-1 in the 1st period (Boston losing to Montreal in the playoffs...story of my life in Boston).

Now 20 years later I carry my own pager for work. Time is a flat circle.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts