Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia Rio
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 2022 Rio in December, 2021. Has been pulling hard to left since day one. After first oil-change I reminded them. Took it in for alignment Jan 7 and Jan 13. Paperwork in my car went missing from Jan 7 when I took it again on the 13th. (funny it was Friday the 13th). Service manager first said he test drove the car and rechecked the alignment. Later he says they voided the paperwork for the 13th because there were no charges on the ticket? I think they didn't test drive it at all. Took to another shop and they did road-test it. They then checked the braking system and switched the front tires, which help, but it was minimal. Service Mgr at Kia now says it must be the tires and says we need to contact the Tire Manufacturer. Makes no sense that if the Dealership rotated the tires prior, then why was there no change?

Dealership doesn't make sense all around. How did they pay the mechanic if he rechecked the alignment and test-drove it??? (like the Service Mgr said)

I read on here that someone reset the Tire Pressure Sensor and it helped???

That's our next try. After that I guess they should look at the suspension??? Outer Tie Rods???

I am wayyy open for suggestions at this point.

Thanks,

John Niederer

· Registered
2021 Kia Rio Hatchback "S" w/ Tech Package
49 Posts
Purchased 2022 Rio in December, 2021. Has been pulling hard to left since day one. After first oil-change I reminded them. Took it in for alignment Jan 7 and Jan 13. Paperwork in my car went missing from Jan 7 when I took it again on the 13th. (funny it was Friday the 13th). Service manager first said he test drove the car and rechecked the alignment. Later he says they voided the paperwork for the 13th because there were no charges on the ticket? I think they didn't test drive it at all. Took to another shop and they did road-test it. They then checked the braking system and switched the front tires, which help, but it was minimal. Service Mgr at Kia now says it must be the tires and says we need to contact the Tire Manufacturer. Makes no sense that if the Dealership rotated the tires prior, then why was there no change?

Dealership doesn't make sense all around. How did they pay the mechanic if he rechecked the alignment and test-drove it??? (like the Service Mgr said)

I read on here that someone reset the Tire Pressure Sensor and it helped???

That's our next try. After that I guess they should look at the suspension??? Outer Tie Rods???

I am wayyy open for suggestions at this point.

Thanks,

John Niederer
Your vehicle is covered by the Kia warranty from the day of delivery for one full year... That is why there was no charge... My Kia dealer checked my alignment on 5/12/22, 6 months after my 2021 Kia Rio was delivered, and they adjusted my alignment for $00.00... They had also informed me to check my windshield wipers before my one-year warranty expires.... I did and they replaced both wipers for free of charge... I have an excellent relationship with my Service Mgr. as well as the General Mgr. @ Matthews Kia / Vestal New York.... Matthews also a new installed a hitch for me for $100.00 and he gives me special labor costs he calls the "The Kurt Myers Price"... I have purchased 5 vehicles from them since 2009 .. and I love them!!! Sorry that your dealer is not customer oriented?

· Registered
2020 Kia Rio LX CVT hatchback
72 Posts
the diagnostics chain is

tire pressure>swap tires side to side>spin test to check for binding pads/caliper>tie rods - that usually covers 99% of cases

· Registered
2022 Kia Rio
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your vehicle is covered by the Kia warranty from the day of delivery for one full year... That is why there was no charge... My Kia dealer checked my alignment on 5/12/22, 6 months after my 2021 Kia Rio was delivered, and they adjusted my alignment for $00.00... They had also informed me to check my windshield wipers before my one-year warranty expires.... I did and they replaced both wipers for free of charge... I have an excellent relationship with my Service Mgr. as well as the General Mgr. @ Matthews Kia / Vestal New York.... Matthews also a new installed a hitch for me for $100.00 and he gives me special labor costs he calls the "The Kurt Myers Price"... I have purchased 5 vehicles from them since 2009 .. and I love them!!! Sorry that your dealer is not customer oriented?
They charged us for the alignment, but then offered half of it back. They also did not keep documents of when we had the car in their shop. They voided our last ticket, saying it was because they had no charges on it. I just don't trust them.

· Registered
2021 Kia Rio Hatchback "S" w/ Tech Package
49 Posts
I agree!!
They charged us for the alignment, but then offered half of it back. They also did not keep documents of when we had the car in their shop. They voided our last ticket, saying it was because they had no charges on it. I just don't trust them.
You should always save all receipts,,,, I would turn them in to Kia if you seriously believe that they wronged you... I have seen a lot of unscrupulous dealers and auto repair stations in my 73 years... and I have always challenged them... always if they tried to get over on me. You don't have to threaten them, just point out where they were wrong... and then, if they still want to play you, then you go to the next stage.. ie, if they are a national outfit or sue them in small claims, but keep all receipts... and if they don't give you one, you have every right to contact Kia if they refuse to give you a receipt for any work done on your vehicle!!! I hate people who do what you describe here... Pease pursue your rights, but keep your cool initially... I wish you well!!

· Registered
2017 Rondo LX 2.0L
364 Posts
That is what I do, what I do..

I have a policy that I do not charge for work not done, nor for any part I advise that does not resolve the issue, I diagnose as a hobby of which there is no charge.. I am in it for the challenge at 75..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts